Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

JFK National Not Honoring Reservations Booked Within 24 Hours

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK National Not Honoring Reservations Booked Within 24 Hours

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Update -

Never heard anything back so contacted National customer service via phone this weekend. The representative told me the branch manager was supposed to be in contact with me.

I said the branch manager didn't and I explained to the representative what happened and she got a supervisor onto the line to assist with a refund. The supervisor refunded the $60 in price difference and gave me 4 free rental days. She couldn't actually reimburse the Uber cost so it works out to about 3 free rental days in addition to refunding/reimbursing the additional charges which I was happy with.

Overall disappointed in the issue and handling of the issue/follow-up, but happy with the resolution which I feel like fairly makes up for the issue and failure to follow up.

Of course, I started renting with Hertz and kind of like them now that they have the executive-aisle type service for PC members, but still taking advantage of the one-two free so don't really know who I will decide to go with moving forward.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Update -

Never heard anything back so contacted National customer service via phone this weekend. The representative told me the branch manager was supposed to be in contact with me.

I said the branch manager didn't and I explained to the representative what happened and she got a supervisor onto the line to assist with a refund. The supervisor refunded the $60 in price difference and gave me 4 free rental days. She couldn't actually reimburse the Uber cost so it works out to about 3 free rental days in addition to refunding/reimbursing the additional charges which I was happy with.

Overall disappointed in the issue and handling of the issue/follow-up, but happy with the resolution which I feel like fairly makes up for the issue and failure to follow up.

Of course, I started renting with Hertz and kind of like them now that they have the executive-aisle type service for PC members, but still taking advantage of the one-two free so don't really know who I will decide to go with moving forward.

In my experience with national and Hertz pricing in the NYC area national is better. Honestly in the end i would just go off pricing.

In terms of pricing I find National, Alamo and Avis to be best in pricing if you don't include places like Payless and advantage and etc. This is only talking about nyc area airport locations and on average.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Wow! I had assumed that the 24 hour guarantee was a "if you try to book at least 24 hours ahead of time, we'll force the reservation through, even if we're listed as sold out," not as a "you need to book at least 24 hours ahead of time if you expect to actually get the car you reserved."
jackal, AutoSlash and jetsfan92588 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:21 am

For the most part I find the location to be one of the worse. I like to fly out if JFK over LGA but I find LGA national to he 100 times bigger. Bigger aisle and generally a better selection and even better management for the most part with one or 2 at JFK to be fairly good. Better rates ( I think even if you took the air train to Jamaica and than a cab to national in LGA) most of the time, and better service. I've always gotten upgrades for way less than at JFK.

Most I've paid for an upgrade was $50 for a 740i on a free day. At LGA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.