Wiki Posts
Search

Free days reservation, return early

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Free days reservation, return early

I have a car right now that I reserved with my free days (regular ones, not the 1-2-F ones). I'm done with the car a day early. If I return it now, would one of my days redeposit? Or does National eat that up? Anyone else been in this situation before?
Old May 18, 2017, 10:15 am

I had a two day res With EE coupon and I had paid for the upgrade for $30 a day I think for a Q50. I intentally brought it back 4 hours in after the first day assuming the free day would cover it and basically be 2 days. They initially returned the free day and also charged me for the extra day. Managed to only get charged for one day and the free day back which I didn't expect. If you bring it back a full day early I would assume you'll get your day back.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Similar to Closingracer, I had booked 2 days except using 12F. I returned the car 1 day, 1 hour in. The system automatically 'forfeited' (National term on my receipt) my 2nd free day and charged me for an extra hour. The National booth credited me the hour back, and presumably I'd have to get customer service to get the free day back.

I think you should get your day back but it may take some work.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by flightrisk
Similar to Closingracer, I had booked 2 days except using 12F. I returned the car 1 day, 1 hour in. The system automatically 'forfeited' (National term on my receipt) my 2nd free day and charged me for an extra hour. The National booth credited me the hour back, and presumably I'd have to get customer service to get the free day back.

I think you should get your day back but it may take some work.
Usually it's the 12F coupons that seem to have problems when something weird happens. I've had a few times where I can't modify a 12F reservation after booking, and most of the time it turns out that the system decides it has to forfeit $0.01 of one of the 12F coupons I'm using.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
Usually it's the 12F coupons that seem to have problems when something weird happens. I've had a few times where I can't modify a 12F reservation after booking, and most of the time it turns out that the system decides it has to forfeit $0.01 of one of the 12F coupons I'm using.
I've canceled reservations with those coupons even though the website and app says I can't. Just do it in the app and it was fine. To be more specific with my issue I had the reservation from say Monday at 8 until Wednesday at 8. I returned it Tuesday at 11 and since it was an upgrade with a infinti Q50 3.0t I was charged for the day plus the upgrade fee and said I forfited my coupon. Went to the desk and he simply stated I returned the car at 8pm and it automatically charged me for one day upgrade and used the coupon. Also had the free day returned. No need to talk to an agent on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.