Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Emerald Club Members: One. Two. Free. Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emerald Club Members: One. Two. Free. Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2004, 10:26 am

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I too called National and was told all certs should be received by the end of Feb. (their email confirmation said they would get mailed in November!)
Old Feb 9, 2004, 2:40 pm

March 12, 2005....Called Emerald and they said certificates will be mailed out by end of month. They asked "what's the hurry" since their use expired last year.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 3:04 pm

Got mine today. Details of interest:
  • Valid from Jan 2 - Jun 20, 2004
  • Intermediate through full-size rental
  • Minimum reservation of 1 day, maximum 7
  • Can combine up to 7 certs per rental
  • Does not include taxes, governmentally authorized or imposed surcharges, or an array of other listed fees

[This message has been edited by pdjcrawford (edited Feb 09, 2004).]
Old Feb 9, 2004, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Is anyone else having difficulty using these? I keep running into capacity restrictions on them. Not sure if they will be worth very much in the end.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Got mine today as well. They were mailed from Winnipeg.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 12:32 am

Expecting 2 certificates here for travel that ended in December. hopefully I'll get them before they expire.

Guess they're sticking to that 6-8 weeks for delivery clause, huh?
Old Feb 10, 2004, 6:35 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fastflyer:
Is anyone else having difficulty using these? I keep running into capacity restrictions on them. Not sure if they will be worth very much in the end.</font>
Nope, no trouble at all used all my three for single day rentals in LAS (twice) and SAN ended up paying about $4 each in taxes.
mike
Old Feb 10, 2004, 10:38 am
CMW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fastflyer:
Is anyone else having difficulty using these? I keep running into capacity restrictions on them. Not sure if they will be worth very much in the end.</font>
No problems here. I'll be using mine in HNL in April. It is my understanding that you do have to pay the taxes, so not completely free.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 11:36 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

I just got a letter from National saying that the rental credit was only available for US residents (I live in Canada) only but they thanked me for registering by giving me a free rental cert.

It was a nice surprise as I simply registered but didn't make any rentals within the period.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 9:11 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
I got 2 late last year...then in Dec 2003, got 3 more. Yesterday, got 6 of them for a total of 11 days.

My fear is reflected in an earlier post...capacity control...but I'll use them here at home when we need a second car.

I'm cheap and still only have 1 car since I travel so much but with 2 daughters getting their DLs soon...yikes...there goes the car and the insurance rates.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
I just got a letter from National saying that the rental credit was only available for US residents (I live in Canada) only but they thanked me for registering by giving me a free rental cert.

It was a nice surprise as I simply registered but didn't make any rentals within the period.
</font>
Oh, I had one rental plus the one credit for registering an email address and received one cert. Had I rented more I would have been peeved as THEY KNOW WHERE I live and sent me a confirmation re: the promo to my email - kinda bad on National's part.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 11:57 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I have sent an email and still received no cert for my one rental + one credit for registering my email. I just hate rental car promotions, they always seem to require the most work for the least amount of value.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:09 am

You have to wonder how they are dispersing the certificates. One of the posters started to get his late last year and now has 11.
I completed the first qualifying rentals by early November and have yet to receive ONE.

With so many various promos and rebates around I wonder how many go unreceived since people just plain forget over time?
Old Feb 20, 2004, 10:59 am

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
OK, so I have 2 certificates....when I booked my reservation online, I entered my coupon ID number, but it only registered as 1 free day, not 2.

My question: How, via the web site, do I use both certificates? Or perhaps it is to automatically credit my account for the correct number of certs? (Which in my case, s/b 2, not 1)

Appreciate the help.

[This message has been edited by traveltoomuch (edited Feb 20, 2004).]
Old Feb 20, 2004, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Just received my CERT today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.