Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

What does National do after contacting you re: a bad Yelp review?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive

I left a "meh" Yelp review for a National location, and I noticed that National responded, asking for my rental date, agreement number and other information.

What does National do if I respond and give the relevant information?

I don't want to get an employee in trouble; I just think that people should know how the location operates, and so I'm not interested in changing the review.

I left another bad review for a chain apparel store, which also responded and then didn't do a thing, so I'm not really inclined to answer another response again.

(I checked my Yelp profile and 80% of my reviews are 4 or 5 stars, and 60% are 5 stars, so I'm not a chronic complainer; only 10% of my reviews are 2 stars or less.)

Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
I left a "meh" Yelp review for a National location, and I noticed that National responded, asking for my rental date, agreement number and other information.

What does National do if I respond and give the relevant information?

I don't want to get an employee in trouble; I just think that people should know how the location operates, and so I'm not interested in changing the review.

I left another bad review for a chain apparel store, which also responded and then didn't do a thing, so I'm not really inclined to answer another response again.

(I checked my Yelp profile and 80% of my reviews are 4 or 5 stars, and 60% are 5 stars, so I'm not a chronic complainer; only 10% of my reviews are 2 stars or less.)

Thanks.
Have noticed National and other car rental/share places reaching out to bad or indifferent Yelp posts for more information. Judging from follow-up responses what happens next is a crap shoot. Sometimes things are resolved in the customer's favor, others nothing.

Yelp and other review sites are no longer something any business/service can ignore. Many places either have a dedicated person or staff to monitor their web presence and investigate problems, that or individual location management is responsible for addressing situations.

Seems to me you cannot have it both ways; you've made allegations in a public forum about National rental and the company wants to investigate, as is their right. You can either provide the information requested and let the chips fall where they may, or forget about it and not bother.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Seems to me you cannot have it both ways; you've made allegations in a public forum about National rental and the company wants to investigate, as is their right. You can either provide the information requested and let the chips fall where they may, or forget about it and not bother.
^^@:-)
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I've had positive resolution after National has reached out to me after posting negative experiences here, so I'd expect at least the chance of such in your case as well. I don't see much risk in it other than a bit of lost time if they indeed don't act on the info.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
National does a great job at responding to social media, tweet a link of the review to nationals twitter team and you will get a response.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
I've never had them contact me about the few bad experiences I've had. And when I contacted them, they just ignored my complaint.

If I could rent brand new cars for what National charges anywhere else, I'd bail in a second.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards
They contact me last Spring about a bad review and never followed up with anything.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:58 pm

I got contacted by both National and the station manager at PDX, but nothing has changed in the year since my complaint. The location has gone downhill steadily since the new station manager took over. I get the sense that she doesn't really care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.