Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple Rentals at the same time?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Question Multiple Rentals at the same time?

I'm heading on a trip with my extended family and are in need of 3 vehicles. For simplicity, as I'm organising the whole thing, I've booked all 3 cars in my name under my Emerald Club account. I intend to pay for all 3 on a card in my name also.

Does anyone know if there are any issues with picking up multiple cars booked under the same name at the same time from the same location?

I would be intending to add the relevant additional drivers ahead of time and everyone will be there to supply the licences at pickup time.

In all likelihood only ~4 people will probably do any of the driving.

Of those, 2 are direct family members and one is an in-law, I believe the first two should added for free, per the EC terms and conditions, the latter may get charged for?

Its far enough out that I could cancel and book in specific names if there are likely to be any major issues!

Last edited by DrBB; Jul 23, 2015 at 7:31 pm Reason: Added payment bit.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: AA, NEI, HHonors
There are times where I keep more than one rental contract open in my name. What I was told was as long as the credit card authorizes, they don't care.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 7:51 am

I also had a question about breaking rentals. National rewards by rentals more than days, so can I rent a car for 2 days, drop it off, immediately pick up a new car, and drive that for 2 days to get 2 total rentals? Would that work?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
Originally Posted by mabramovich
I also had a question about breaking rentals. National rewards by rentals more than days, so can I rent a car for 2 days, drop it off, immediately pick up a new car, and drive that for 2 days to get 2 total rentals? Would that work?
yes as long as you return to the location and close / re-open a new contract
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by zerolife
yes as long as you return to the location and close / re-open a new contract
Actually my experiences are different. When I rent for two days and then close/reopen a new contract at the same airport, I only get credited for one rental. I been told you have to wait 24 hours or at the min the next day for it to be counted as two rental credits. Often I return a car and then due to a flight cancellation, re-rent at the same location with a different car and contract and I still only receive one rental credit for the two separate rentals. Sometimes you can call customer service and they may make a flight cancellation exception.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Very old thread, but I had no issues with this, Agents were amazingly helpful in sorting everything out and putting the additional drivers on all the cars.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:18 pm

Bumping this, has anyone done this recently? Last time I did it was a year ago and I want to make sure it's still possible to have multiple cars out, from the same location at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.