Excellent sound system
Comfortable ride
8 speed transmission gives it a few MPG's over competitors
Great exterior looks

Cons
Can take E85
Navigation is not standard on Limited trim

Summary: One of the great road trip cars makes it's last ride

This review will be a little sad as 2015 will be the last year for the Durango. In Canada, there will be a 2016, but it will be unchanged. The cancellation is due to the Chrysler reorganization. The 3 row SUV will be moving to the Jeep brand in 2017. The Durango name will be revived in the future for a different vehicle.

The Durango is equipped with a 3.6L V6 that can put out 290 hp. It is about the same size and power as all the others in the class. The difference is in the 8 speed transmission. Those two extra gears give it a few extra MPG's, especially on the highway. That also gives it a highway range of over 600 miles. On a road trip you might not want to drive 600 miles nonstop, but that might mean being able to get to a place with cheaper fuel.

One of my favorite features on the Durango is the incredible sound system. The standard on the Limited is six speakers and there is an optional 9 speaker system that I have seen in the rental fleets. Both systems have an output of over 500 watts. Not only is there tremendous power in the sound, but plenty of bass and clear highs. All the standard inputs are there minus the CD. The Durango also comes with a full year of SiriusXM.

Another favorite feature is the 8.4" touchscreen that is standard for the Limited trim, and found on many Chrysler vehicles. It is very easy to operate and rather intuitive. Each "tab" is rather no nonsense with what it contains.

The seats on the Durango are rather supportive, but a little on the firm side. The lumbar support on the front seats are 4 way unlike others. Not only do they move in and out, but up and down, to better support the back. Of the 7 seats on the Durango, four of them are heated. The steering wheel is also heated.

The steering on the Durango is light and easy to maneuver, even in parking lots. At higher speeds the steering remains light, but not an overcompensated feeling.

There is not too much I can say bad about the Durango. I would like to see a few more features (cooled seats, blind spot indicators, forward parking sensors, etc). If someone gave me $40k to spend on a car, the Durango would be in my top 3. The Durango Limited starts at $37.5k. This one added the $995 navigation and power liftgate group. For an additional $3k you can add a Hemi engine.

The Durango has everything you could want for a road trip. The car has great power, and great MPG's. It has a long range till refueling. It has a sound system that will keep you entertained. The year of SiriusXM will make sure it is available for a longer time. The seats are supportive for the long drive and there is ample room for seven people.

Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
I read that Chrysler plans to show the Jeep Grand Wagoneer to dealers at their upcoming meeting this summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.