Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

I Really Wish National Showed Next Years' Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite

The year is winding down and travel was down but I recently completed my 12th rental of the year. The national site doesn't show you next year's status or your progress towards it. I count my rental history and I count 12. However one was a rental I picked up Dec 26, 2013 and returned Jan 4, 2014.

Years ago National changed their policy that the rental counts in the year you return it but to be sure I call. The agent says I have 11 rentals and need 1 more. I ask about the rental above and he says it doesn't count for this year it counts for last. He put me on hold and confirms with his supervisor. I ask if he can send me the policy and he sends me a document that doesn't address the issue.

I hang up and call again. The agent says the first agent was wrong and I have 12. She can't find the policy in writing but she counts 12. Agghhh. If the had a tracker on the site I would just know. I'm contemplating renting a car and driving around the airport parking lot and returning it. Executive status gets me a lot and I don't want to miss out. It really should be easier.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond; National Executive Elite
Their iPhone app shows your current status and what you need to reach the next level.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
The 'mobile' site also shows your status:
https://m.nationalcar.com/

Ron.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by rabtech
Their iPhone app shows your current status and what you need to reach the next level.
As does the Android app. Click the "Emerald Club" drop down on the home screen, then select "Profile".
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by newfbc
The 'mobile' site also shows your status:
https://m.nationalcar.com/

Ron.
Thanks. It shows 11. I guess I will go drive around a parking lot today. Glad I saw that. Thanks again.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Which points out something which I do not like about National: Their website is sooo 1995.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: American Platinum, Delta
Originally Posted by ptownca
Which points out something which I do not like about National: Their website is sooo 1995.
true, it's from 1995, but most importantly, it works. Their alamo site is still having issues and it's at least 2 years since they launched it. I'd rather something work than have to fiddle with it.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
I'm in a similar situation. I have done 18 with National, and 5 with Enterprise, all started and ended in 2014. The mobile site confirms this at 23. I have a rental booked for the day tomorrow while I take my car in for service.

However, in June I rented a car for work at Smithers Airport, and the reservation was originally under the company name. The agent used my credit card and drivers licence, but for some reason typed all my information in manually and didn't pull up my Emerald Club profile. I noticed this when we got to the hotel so I phoned her, gave her my number, and she said she would add it but never did. When we got back I got in touch with customer service, and they initially denied me the rental credit on the basis of "repeat rentals", however our itinerary was like this:

Rental 1: Smithers Airport-Smithers City
Rental 2: Smithers City-Terrace City
Rental 3: Terrace City-Terrace Airport

When I pointed out that rentals 2 and 3 both got credits, and should've been denied by this agent's logic, he relented and gave me the credit or the rental, but it never showed in my rental history. I e-mailed again recently about this and only got confirmation that I "received credit" for the rental.

Long answer short, I have all the evidence in my favour that I'll have done 25 by tomorrow night, but the system may say 24. Therefore, feeling like I should do a rental on the 30th for insurance...
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Does anyone know for sure whether a Dec 31,2014- Jan 1, 2015 rental counts for 2014 of 2015? Not in a place where I can call right now and I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by multicamp
true, it's from 1995, but most importantly, it works. Their alamo site is still having issues and it's at least 2 years since they launched it. I'd rather something work than have to fiddle with it.
Agreed. On my android tablet, I actually manually switch it to use the desktop site as the mobile site never loads correctly for me. The desktop site is simple but it works really well and is fast.

On another note, 'my activity' on the mobile site reads: "You need -1 rentals to achieve EC Executive Elite Status." I assume I'd good for next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.