Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Do you ever get upgraded from Intermediate to PCAR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you ever get upgraded from Intermediate to PCAR?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
The way National orders their S60s, you're better off with a Taurus or any of the better PCARs. Also, expecting what is technically a 3-category upgrade from what is gauranteed to be on ES, and 5-categories from the rate you're paying, might be a bit much (GXAR is technically a class above LCAR even though it is mismash of cars that mostly should be PCAR, LCAR, or PFAR).
Hey, I dig a 5 car category upgrade

I guess I am just tired of the same ole same ole. But it is what it is. The struggles I complain about here.......

National should partner with BMW, Acura, Infiniti and other high end partners to offer nice upgrades to their frequent guests. Kind of like marketing to me.

S60 T5 AWD tho, thats what National had. Which is just one model shy of the T6 AWD, which is maxed out. My car was very very fun to drive. And I wish every week was that fun.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I think giving Executive Elite a certain number of upgrade certs per year would be a good idea, but the problem with making upgrades even more readily available is National give Exec and Exec Elite away to A LOT of corporate accounts, so there would be A LOT of people receiving these upgrade instruments that DON'T do the butt-in-seat rentals/days to earn them.

I too tired of the same-ole-same-ole on ES... luckily I'm in a position to make PCAR or LCAR reservations as using codes I have access to as long as I can prove they are priced the same or lower than an ICAR res with my company's own code. You might need to see if there is some avenue compliant with your own company's expense policy that might offer some leeway in what you reserve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.