2013 Dodge Dart SXT Ride Report/Review

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...odge-dart-sxt/

ICAR
24/34

PROS:

- Snappy new exterior design
- Nicely contoured front seats

CONS:

- Poor build quality (isolated incident?)
- Features that are standard on competitor vehicles not so on the Dart

CONCLUSION: Vastly superior to the Dodge Caliber that it replaces. Not as fun to drive as its crosstown rival, the Ford Focus. Some build quality issues with my particular rental (isolated incident?)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:22 pm

As long as I know the RT only comes with a non turbo 2.4 multiair engine.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by powermax
As long as I know the RT only comes with a non turbo 2.4 multiair engine.
Yes, you're right. Only the 1.4L is turboed. My mistake.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:39 am

From the review:
Although every Dart is equipped with the LED racetrack tail lights, they can only be activated by the dealer if they were purchased as an option.
Now, that's just taking petty to a whole new level on Dodge's part. I can understand them not installing it, but to install it and just not activate it? Wonder how long before people figure out how to turn them on.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by piper28
From the review:

Now, that's just taking petty to a whole new level on Dodge's part. I can understand them not installing it, but to install it and just not activate it? Wonder how long before people figure out how to turn them on.
Disappointing, right?

Dodge is stooping to BMW's level of a la carte pricing.

The more that I think about it, the Dart's exterior shape reminds me a lot of the old Dodge Stratus.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
From the review:

Based on this thread, it would seem Dodge is considering making a working spedometer an option as well on this car...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
From the review:

Actually it's not quite correct, you do need the LED fixture to enable it (the whole part is swapped out)

Here's a HOWTO for the swap.
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/show...ack+LED+Lights
Old Oct 12, 2012, 9:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Joshua
Based on this thread, it would seem Dodge is considering making a working spedometer an option as well on this car...
Rotfl!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.