Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Choice change

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Reward Choice change

Hi. I was earning rental credits and the website said, "Your current reward choice is Rental Credits. In order to earn frequent traveler miles / points with your selected airline, you must first change your reward choice to frequent traveler miles."

I switched to United miles when I saw this...
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=A10283

Then I earned enough United miles so I switched back to rental credits, and rented once.

Now I see a Southwest miles offer and I need some of those...
http://www.southwest.com/html/rapidr...l-rreu-1a.html

By changing my Reward Choice, do I give up the rental credit I earned a couple paragraphs above?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:59 pm

I'd like to know if you can switch to FF miles, but still earn free rental credits from the ongoing 1-2 Free Day program.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Yes, several posts in the 1 2 Free thread say that's fine.

Now back to my question: Is there a way to use either of the two deals I hyperlinked above without losing the rental credits I've previously earned?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf

Now back to my question: Is there a way to use either of the two deals I hyperlinked above without losing the rental credits I've previously earned?
I haven't been in that situation (since I always choose rental credits with National), but I suspect that you will not lose your rental credits.

To double check, read your monthly statements from National. They will indicate rental credits earned to date, and how many more rentals are needed for the next earned banked day.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf

You won't lose them. I did this a few months ago for the Club Carlson promotion. The one thing to make sure is when they close out your rental that you are still setup for the miles. If you book under miles, and during the rental make a different reservation earning rental credits, they will still give you rental credits even though your rental contract says miles.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the answers. Mostly I was confused by the website's Reward Details page...
https://www.nationalcar.com/showRewardDetails.do

Also FWIW the Southwest promo in the OP seems to be somewhat broken. (1) I left my reward choice as Rental Credits. It kept asking me for my Rapid Rewards number which I actually HAD entered on the first page of the reservation form. But it gave me no other place to enter it. (2) So I changed my reward choice to Miles, and entered my Rapid Rewards number on the reward choice page. That completely broke the reservation system -- it said that offer couldn't be used with miles. Well the offer is all about miles so something's very wrong. (3) I went back to everything in 1 above. Hopefully when I remember to give the counter agent my Rapid Rewards number, the miles will show up. Yikes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.