Wiki Posts
Search

$35 off weekly coupon and early return

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
$35 off weekly coupon and early return

So I currently have a Sunday to Sunday reservation for next week using the $35 off coupon (ND8578ADT). If I return the car early on Saturday does the coupon get kicked out due to the Sat overnight requirement?
Old May 25, 2012, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Rules say yes - failing to meet the terms of your reserved rate and any coupons can result in repricing with significant cost. My limited experience says no.
Old May 25, 2012, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Rules say yes - failing to meet the terms of your reserved rate and any coupons can result in repricing with significant cost. My limited experience says no.
So in your experience, when you returned the rental, they did not make the adjustment to void the coupon?
Old May 25, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
I returned early with $35 coupon once, and it should have been voided, but it wasn't
Old May 30, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Hmm I'm looking at using a $20 off WEEKEND rental that has a 3-day minimum requirement, but I only need cars for 2 days (technically 1.5 days). If I reserve Friday to Monday, but pick-up Friday evening and return Sunday morning, will they take away the coupon?
Old May 30, 2012, 8:47 pm

I have had both the discount taken away (automatically) and it retained. It seems to be a total YMMV.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
My expereince says "yes" I have done this twice. Both times I lost the coupon discount.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Update...

I returned my rental to MCO on Saturday and they did NOT remove the $35 coupon.

YMMV.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Back in 2007 I had a $$$ off weekend coupon on a 6-day rental. It was 4 days at the weekend rate then two extra days at a higher rate. Was due to pick up Thurs night but I got voluntarily bumped and flew in first thing Fri morning instead. When I retrieved my rental, it was now 3 weekend days and 3 extra days.

Worked out cheaper to just return the first car and take out a new contract on the Monday, however an impending snowstorm and me driving a non-ABS equipped Sentra meant I decided to bring it back Saturday night. When I first told the counter of my intentions earlier in the day, they said the coupon would come off. However when I returned the car it didn't and I was billed about $20 tax in for 2 days. They never adjusted it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.