Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "We've Pre-Registered You For The 2012 1-2-Free Promo"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:24 am

So as a new nationalite; how does this work? Every 2 rentals = 1 dree day? (Versus 5 for EEs)
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by hearna
So as a new nationalite; how does this work? Every 2 rentals = 1 dree day? (Versus 5 for EEs)
Yes, but this is separate from the 5 rentals/1 free banked day. Rentals that qualify for this program also count towards the 5 days/1 free banked day that you'd ordinarily earn as EE.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Yes, but this is separate from the 5 rentals/1 free banked day. Rentals that qualify for this program also count towards the 5 days/1 free banked day that you'd ordinarily earn as EE.
But there are more restrictions and a defined expiration date. There is a limit to the number you can use at one time and you can't combine them with the other free days (or so I think...)
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by azeckel
But there are more restrictions and a defined expiration date. There is a limit to the number you can use at one time and you can't combine them with the other free days (or so I think...)
And a 2 day minimum rental to count for 1-2-Free?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)

In the past u couldn't redeem with other "normal" free day and I think u were limited to redeeming 3 days from 1-2-Free program

The qualifying rentals had to be for a minimum of 2 days last time to earn a 1-2-free credit
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Also, the rentals had to be up to full-size. For EA members, this is actually a benefit, since they can usually only reserve mid-size. For ES members, it's a wash, and for Executive Elites, it's a small limitation.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sanctified50
8/20 according to National Customer Service on Facebook
Per my monthly update received today:

ONE TWO FREE: THE SHOW BEGINS IN ONE WEEK.

Don't forget, you're already registered for ONE TWO FREE® that starts next week. You'll earn a Free Rental Day with two qualifying rentals of two or more days through January 2013. We'll send you an email soon to let you know when ONE TWO FREE is officially LIVE.

1-2-FREE is becoming a bigger tease than the Grand Slam.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Exec
This is what I received in my monthly statement. Didn't even notice it until I saw this thread. Hopefully the registration email shows up as I have a few rentals coming up quickly.

"ONE TWO FREE: THE SHOW BEGINS IN ONE WEEK.

ONE TWO FREE® is back so get set to earn a Free Rental Day with every two qualifying rentals of two or more days. Watch for a registration email coming your way and then start renting and earning next week through January 2013."

By the way I am still a "regular" member. I won't hit Executive until later in the month, must be why I didn't get pre-registered...
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
1-2-FREE is becoming a bigger tease than the Grand Slam.
Whoa...did you get a Grand Slam tease yet? If I got one, I deleted it...
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
I got the same mention of the promo in my August e-statement, but it says "watch for a registration e-mail", which I haven't received it. Obviously can't speak for the OP and others who were pre-registered, but it seems odd that I wasn't considering I've registered for this promo every year since 2008 and am still an EE. Must be a random selection or just really high yield customers that got it. Hopefully I gert my reg e-mail in time as I have a 9 day rental coming up on the 22nd.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:54 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
I got the same mention of the promo in my August e-statement, but it says "watch for a registration e-mail", which I haven't received it. Obviously can't speak for the OP and others who were pre-registered, but it seems odd that I wasn't considering I've registered for this promo every year since 2008 and am still an EE. Must be a random selection or just really high yield customers that got it. Hopefully I gert my reg e-mail in time as I have a 9 day rental coming up on the 22nd.
As a EE and not high-yield, I rc'vd email back on 4-14 that I was pre-registered. BTW, you can earn miles w/this promotion; I think the best one right now is UA's 1K bonus for a 3-day wkend rental w/dble upgrade, coupon number NU3210FPI/ contract ID 5028009, good thru end of year.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
No pre-registration here either. Maybe cause we're in Canada?

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.