Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

"A Local Manager is Available to Assist You"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"A Local Manager is Available to Assist You"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Thumbs up "A Local Manager is Available to Assist You"

There's a new CS initiative that is being tested at PBI and other select locations (sorry don't know which other ones) to improve customer service.

Rather than call the toll-free line & get punted somewhere offshore, if you have an issue with your rental at PBI, you can now shoot an email to:

[email protected]

According to the card I was given, emailing the above will provide "Guaranteed response in under one hour, 8AM-5PM, 7 days a week"

one caveat though, "If you are returning this vehicle to a different location, additional fees may apply"

Given that I'm often 1+ hrs from the National location where I picked up a car & have had my share of frustration with that toll-free customer service, I hope this test program succeeds and goes system wide.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I'm really trying hard to figure out what on earth a customer service email has to do with a drop charge...

This sounds Enterprise-y -- would welcome any improvements in customer service, but if they make me endure one of their chipper "management trainees" on every rental in the name of "personal service," I will be over at Hertz before they can say "optional LDW."
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dtremit
I'm really trying hard to figure out what on earth a customer service email has to do with a drop charge...

This sounds Enterprise-y -- would welcome any improvements in customer service, but if they make me endure one of their chipper "management trainees" on every rental in the name of "personal service," I will be over at Hertz before they can say "optional LDW."
I get frustrated with Enterprise as well. Throw me the keys, point me to the car, and get out of my way, please. I've got places to go and people to see.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:53 pm

It sounds like they charge extra to e-mail a manager for one-ways because it likely involves communicating between 2 different area managers to resolve the problem.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
It sounds like they charge extra to e-mail a manager for one-ways because it likely involves communicating between 2 different area managers to resolve the problem.
huh? There's no charge to email a Mgr.

The point of this is to just provide you with quicker feedback from a local Mgr who can actually hopefully help you out quicker than someone on the other end of an offshore 800 number.

As always, sometimes 1 ways mean extra fees, so just keep that in mind and ask before you agree to whatever fix is suggested.

btw, so far this is a local National/Alamo initiative and afaik, Enterprise is not part of it.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by bk3day
huh? There's no charge to email a Mgr.
Then why do they specifically call out that "If you are returning this vehicle to a different location, additional fees may apply"?

btw, so far this is a local National/Alamo initiative and afaik, Enterprise is not part of it.
While it may not apply to the Enterprise *brand*, the "ehi.com" email address would suggest to me that it's an initiative out of Enterprise's corporate offices, not the National brand offices.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Then why do they specifically call out that "If you are returning this vehicle to a different location, additional fees may apply"?
My guess is that they're assuming "my plans have changed, can I return this car to [other location] instead?" is going to be a frequently emailed question.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
My guess is that it's an unclear sentence and/or a typo. I highly doubt they meant that there would be a charge to email them if you're doing a one-way rental. More likely they're covering their butts by saying that if you email about a problem and end up having to drop the car at another location, a charge may apply (and even then, if it's a mechanical issue or something, that wouldn't be the case).

While it may not apply to the Enterprise *brand*, the "ehi.com" email address would suggest to me that it's an initiative out of Enterprise's corporate offices, not the National brand offices.
All new email addresses assigned to National and Alamo employees are in the @ehi.com domain. I have a friend who works for National, and her email address is @ehi.com.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackal
My guess is that it's an unclear sentence and/or a typo. I highly doubt they meant that there would be a charge to email them if you're doing a one-way rental. More likely they're covering their butts by saying that if you email about a problem and end up having to drop the car at another location, a charge may apply (and even then, if it's a mechanical issue or something, that wouldn't be the case).
Exactly! IME, even when calling the 800 CS line, depending upon the specific issue at hand & chosen resolution option , it's always possible that an additional fee *may* apply.

For those hyper cynical among you, all I can say is based on my frequent encounters with the mgmt & staff at the PBI National location, they are serious about improving service for their customers.

fwiw, I'm not alone in my favorable opinion of these folks, based upon the (albeit, very few total) comments about this location in the separate thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...-cars-pbi.html.

Bottom line, no one is forcing you to use this alternate way to contact Customer Service.

If you prefer calling an offshore 800 #, go for it! Personally, I appreciate the option of a guaranteed reply w/in the hour and speaking to a local Manager.

Last edited by bk3day; Nov 26, 2011 at 8:35 am
Old Nov 26, 2011, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Just don't charge me 8 gallons when I have a 3/4 tank and I don't need any CS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.