Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asking about the fleet over the phone?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Asking about the fleet over the phone?

If you call a rental location and inquire about their fleet, will they give you an honest answer?

I called Alamo the other day in Omaha asking about their "intermediate" cars. (Alamo and National are handled by the same employees in OMA) The girl said intermediate is usually a Pontiac G5, or Pontiac G6, or Chevy HHR, or PT Cruiser.

Whenever I've asked the question by calling a 1-800 number, they refuse to give me specifics.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rockymountains
If you call a rental location and inquire about their fleet, will they give you an honest answer?
You'll probably get an honest answer, but don't waste your time (or their time) with this - there's little more mobile than a rental car. Truly, frequent renters see cars dropped onto the Emerald Aisle and gone in sixty seconds. No, you shouldn't expect them to hold a car for you. Scan the lot when you arrive and ask for what you want in the reserved car class or be prepared to pay a surcharge to a higher class.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:53 pm

It's usually not very helpful over the phone; they just recite the standard cars found as per their website. Just go and see what they have when you arrive.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

I don't expect them to hold cars for me, I just wanted an idea of what they offer. The Chevy HHR and PT Cruiser don't excite me at all. To be honest, neither do the Pontiacs.

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rockymountains
The Chevy HHR and PT Cruiser don't excite me at all. To be honest, neither do the Pontiacs.

Thanks
There will always be plenty of Kia's and/or Hyundai's!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zdcatc12
There will always be plenty of Kia's and/or Hyundai's!
OK, scratch that. The Chevy HHR isn't that bad after all. I despise the gas mileage of the PT Cruiser, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.