Search

Randy's Word is Good!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
OT: Randy's Word is Good!

Duplicate:

It's OK guys, this member is a bit rough on the edges from time to time.

Actually I did say something but contrary to what you posted negotiator, I did not "promise" nor did I set a specific date and while I hate to point this out, the original date was 4/5/06. Not sure how to figure it has bee n6 months but hey, not everyone is perfect.

The background: This member was playing a game with post padding, demonstrating to others that he could up his post count with short unrelated posts. Well, we obviously have advice for our members to not do this. In fact the TOS states this: "Padding Post Counts - Posting meaningless information in an effort to increase one's post count is not permitted. Posts will be removed and the post count reset. Members who engage in this are subject to disciplinary action."

I did reset his post count - just like the TOS says. But I tried to be a good guy and did not apply any disciplinary action. In fact, I even enlisted him to play along as I busted him.

Here's the PM I sent to him advising of the action and asking him to play along: "a confession: i just altered your post count on FlyerTalk to a single post based on my post (#56) in the thread you started about post padding. Now before you get upset, it's really just a bit of a joke and hope you'll play along. I'll restore your post count (I wrote it down somewhere.... HA!) to the original plus whatever you earn until then, at some point in the future but thought it might put a subtle scare in a whole bunch of members who have posted to that thread. I'd ask that you play along for now and we'll have a little fun with it but i will delete the thread later on. I'm all for a little fun from time to time but know from experience that it sometimes leads to a lot of extra work for me online from time that i already really do not have. Hope you understand and that your day is going great."

Anyway, the future is the future and for someone who doesn't care much about post counts, this seems a bit extreme. And as was pointed out, is this really the interest of all of FlyerTalk? Seems likely that a short PM or email to me would have sufficed. Only thing I can think of is that this member wasn't happy with me when i moved a thread he started about striking Wal-Mart in the U.K. from the Air Canada forum to OMNI. I just could not the get the connection to Air Canada, but hey, everyone has their own opinion.

For what it is worth, your post count is what you have now plus 1,235. Add that to your signature and you'll be 100% whole. Everyone will now know:
1) you violated the TOS with trying to post pad and suggesting such in a thread you started,
2) You think that employees striking Wal-Mart in the U.K. is very much relevant to the Air Canada Aeroplan forum;
3) you live a charmed life since you did not fact disciplinary action as a result of your call for post padding per the TOS and;
4) you think that from Apr 5 06 to Jun 27 06 is 6 months.

I think we've got this clear now. Remember, hat post count you have plus 1,235.

Thank you.

(RANDY PETERSEN)

Last edited by negotiator; Jun 28, 2006 at 5:24 am
Old Jun 27, 2006, 5:31 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
?????
Old Jun 27, 2006, 5:33 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
I wonder if by posting this message you're not actually posts padding your account by 1?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 5:38 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Now I get it! @:-)
Old Jun 27, 2006, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
?????
This is an ongoing dispute that I've had with Randy over him arbitrarily deleting all my posts for starting a thread that (admitably) is violation of FT policy.

I complained that Randy promised to restore my posts but, because of an unreasonable delay, that never happened!

This situation has now been corrected by Randy.

Last edited by negotiator; Jun 27, 2006 at 5:59 pm
Old Jun 27, 2006, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Do you have his permission to post the correspondence from him? PM's and emails are private and are not supposed to be made public without both parties permission.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
Do you have his permission to post the correspondence from him? PM's and emails are private and are not supposed to be made public without both parties permission.
This was posted in the "Randy Petersen" thread already. Seems a bit over top in regard to the OP, but what do I know.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
This was posted in the "Randy Petersen" thread already. Seems a bit over top in regard to the OP, but what do I know.
It got his attention, finally, and that's why I duplicated the entire post here!

He put this in the public domain, not me.

N.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by negotiator
It got his attention, finally, and that's why I duplicated the entire post here!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573739

BTW, dupe threads on the same subject in multiple fora is against FT TOS.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 10:58 pm

Dupe thread or dupe post?

I don't know why negotiator felt the need to bring this up, especially since he said he doesn't care about post counts. Like others in that thread, I am curious what "measures" he will take if Randy doesn't re-instate the post count that he doesn't care about LOL. Maybe some telecomm union workers will mess with FT connectivity LOL.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I see a pattern of the OP starting OT or useless threads as of late. The least he could do is put an "OT:" in front of this thread's title too.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 5:26 am
Original Poster

BTW, my post count still hasn't been adjusted as promised!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't get it .

Had someone been slammed witth their name in post title,it would be pulled.
Seems like you two still have differences.(see your previous post,negotiator)
Also seems like 2 sets of rules.One for the boss,one for the rest of us.Heck it is his business,just my observation.

I am dis-appointed.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 5:58 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I do not believe Randy promised to change anything immediately.

He just notified you and everyone else that your post count is what it currently is plus 1,235... if you can do math, you can figure out the "actual" post count...

Nice to know Randy has a sense of humor.

William
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Why do you think that we even care?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.