Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about any financial stake in NW of forum moderators

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by mdb
RC,

Whatever your intentions(and I am sure they are for the best) - the thread in question was moved after comments negative to NW and after you had made a number of "defensive" of NWA comments.

I believe we are all welcome to express our opinions, it is just that this "move" didn't feel right. I believe that is what the OP is ultimately driving at.

Please note that I do appreciate your efforts as a Mod, but the moving of threads that are "going" negative tward NWA has happened before and I do not think that is right.
MDB - Thanks for summarizing what so many of us are feeling!!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

I am also concerned about the repeated derisive comments by one moderator in particular about passengers.

As in "I guess pax like to whine about everything."

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=420241&page=2

Newsflash to moderators: With few exceptions, those of us on this forum ARE passengers. Better yet, we're likely some of the better passengers that Northwest has. Why we have a moderator for the Northwest frequent flier forum that looks down on Northwest frequent fliers and makes sweeping negative generalizations about them is beyond me, and I think that -- in that context -- calling the judgment and motivation of the moderation into question is deserved, even if it's not normally allowed.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

I'd still be interested in learning where the rule is that we cannot use hyperlinks in the airline forums.

I'd still be interested in learning why off-topic threads are allowed.

I'd still be interested in learning why moderators will make several posts on something before shuttling it to a lesser-read forum because it's "inappropriate" for this one.

And, most of all, I'd be interested in knowing why certain moderator(s) of the NW frequent flier forum 1) always defend the airline and 2) insult Northwest passengers. It seems counterintuative to allow someone to moderate a forum if they don't even respect the intended users of the forum.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 8:02 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Uh oh

Sigh. This thread is starting to get that "personal vendetta" feel about it. I think I'll opt out.

But I am pleased that there's a new sticky thread for NW news posts. That, at least, is a positive outcome of all of this.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Closing this thread because it is not an appropiate topic

This topic is not relevent to Northwest Airlines or Worldperk miles and has gone off the OP topic several times, therefore it is being closed and deleted.

Radiocycle
NWA Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.