Search

Why must all gifts be posted in CC?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2005, 3:20 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Originally Posted by Dovster
If such posts are going to wait until Randy can give them his attention, ORP will return to its former "Let's swap insults" status and that will not be a happy development.
ORP used to be infamous when people with fake ids would post something in the weekend, ORP was unmoderated and we would have no tools to ban the user or to remove the thread/post in question.

Thank God that has changed

What has not changed is the childish behavior some of the regular members continue to show time after time.

Myself included

Originally Posted by Punki
Why must all gifts be posted in CC?
To answer the original question, it's because those are the rules that this board has.

The Coupon Connection
The exchange forum for legally transferable coupons issued by various frequent traveler programs. This is N-O-T a forum for anything related to the buying, selling or barter of awards.
I think that any rule can be deviated for it's validity, and in the case that started this avalanche, if the AC forum is unique enough, from all the other forums, then an exception could be made.

Maybe it's its unique nature of giving the certificates away that differentiates it, and such an altruistic reason could justify it having a unique set of rules.

Then again, I had to ban users that have posted in the AC forum, thanks to people sending me PMs alerting me from duplicate/previously banned users, but if all transactions took place in the CC we would avoid some of those headaches thanks to the 100 post minimum. It makes housekeeping a whole lot easier, and in most cases, it just makes good old common sense.

No need to let good certificates to go to waste.

My 2¢
Old Feb 7, 2005, 3:24 pm

As noted in the other thread which seems similar to this - it might make a whole lot of sense for the orginator of these threads to wait until Randy returns to answer. Debating among members does seem counter-productive considering the value of the information on FT available to all members in the various forums. I'll close this thread so that it allows Randy to focus on the question rather than the posting practices of some of the members of FT. Hope this makes logocal sense to some of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.