Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Misposted Threads
Reload this Page >

Patron has been banned/resigned from FlyerTalk (Off-topic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Patron has been banned/resigned from FlyerTalk (Off-topic)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: I do this for a living.
Patron has been banned/resigned from FlyerTalk

Not sure of which. But whichever, I think the members of this forum might be interested that we have lost our very dedicated moderator.

You might want to weigh in. I found that my post in sympathy for Patron and all he has done for us flyers was quickly deleted.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364486
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:38 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I find it extremely sad. He was not banned, he unregistered because of the way some things were being handled, I believe.

When I was new, I had trouble understanding Patron's moderation, but he was actually exactly right all the time.

Patron has been an invaluable source of information on the LH and Star Alliance board, and in my opinion, and he is a very nice person in real life.

This is a BAD day for Flyertalk.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:09 pm

Programs: LH, A3, BA
I can only agree to that Patrons decision to leave the board is bad news. I always found his comments helpful, knowledgeable and his moderation superb. Thanks for all your good work Patron!

Jensens
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Jensens
I can only agree to that Patrons decision to leave the board is bad news. I always found his comments helpful, knowledgeable and his moderation superb. Thanks for all your good work Patron!
Hear hear. Well said Jensens.
This is indeed a truly sad day for Flyertalk in general, and for the Lufthansa and Star Alliance fora in particular, where Patron made an immensely helpful contribution.

Thanks for all the great help & tips you provided and for the time you spent here Gerhard. You will be greatly missed in these fora.

AJ
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:41 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Angry

Patron is a very smart gentlemen, he was a true asset to FT with accurate moderation practices and valuable information on most Star Alliance airline's matters.

Very sad to see him gone, I will miss his posts, gladly I have his e-mail address !
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I've met Patron ... had him over to my home in Sydney for a beer (or six!) actually, and he is one fine guy. A real World Ambassador to FT.

He is passing through this way in a couple weeks, and FT'er or no FT'er I will be pleased to share a few more beers.

So sad to see such a valuable member choose to leave. I've had a lot of email contact and his info and knowledge of LH and Star - the FT forums he moderated - was spot on.

This thread appears to be a reason behind his move.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363943

I hope if enough folks ask him to return Gerhard may re-consider things. ^ ^
Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I can't say that I've had the pleasure of meeting you, Patron, but indeed, for me, you were a beacon when I joined FlyerTalk.

Patron and I also exchanged e-mails on two occasions (Iceland was one of them) where he shared his personal insight on LH and her partners.

His steady hand kept the LH forum (and members like me) on course. He is truly one of the moderators I've most respected and his decision to deregister is indeed very troubling to hear.

Here's to hoping it is very short-lived...
Old Oct 20, 2004, 1:17 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Patron has contributed a lot (by quality and not by quantity) before he de-registered, e.g. he produced many excellent overviews/summaries on the LH an Star board. Patron is a big loss for ft.com as he has much knowledge, practical experience and many excellent contacts. I had the pleasure to meet him several times and learnt a lot from him. He invested a lot of time contributing on ft.com, responding to email/PMs, moderating, etc.. Very, very sad news for the community.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 1:46 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Absolutely! We have lost a true asset...! Very sad...!

I hope we will stay in contact via email at least...!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Patron - your posts here will be missed. I do hope that you return, at least to this corner of the forum.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 2:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Patron, I would be very happy if you decide to resign your resignation. FlyerTalk needs you.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 4:03 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I fully agree with all the comments on the quality and the richness of Patron's contributions to the LH and * Alliance forums. I hope he will come back soon to FT.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 6:31 am

This is a severe loss. I canīt remember a single message of Patron that would have been offensive or that would have been not qualified. Thankīs for all his contributions. Many have been valuable for me - and I think for others, too. No matter how his final decision would be - I would highly appreciate Patronīs return.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by OttoGraham
Not sure of which. But whichever, I think the members of this forum might be interested that we have lost our very dedicated moderator.

You might want to weigh in. I found that my post in sympathy for Patron and all he has done for us flyers was quickly deleted.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364486
OttoGraham
Banned
Seems somebody is doing a lot of housekeeping.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:16 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by markhunt99
Seems somebody is doing a lot of housekeeping.
Not Randy, though, that was done by someone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.