Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Misposted Threads
Reload this Page >

Patron has been banned/resigned from FlyerTalk (Off-topic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Patron has been banned/resigned from FlyerTalk (Off-topic)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2004, 6:25 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Rudi
I too did profit a lot from Patron's informations and I also enjoyed his hospitality during a Vienna visit and his companionship on our two gourmet weekend trips to the Alsace region.

Unfortunately, since late 2004, the personal relationship (on and off this board) between us did cool down a lot - something I regret.
I dont know if I should laugh or cry when I read the above...
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:48 am
Suspended

Patron, flamboyant1, sunseeker - is the lesson here that bannings/forced resignations are in store for those who happen to have some opinions on FT which don't fit in with the powers that be?

How long until I am banned, too?

Last edited by markhunt99; Apr 21, 2005 at 3:13 pm
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I dont know if I should laugh or cry when I read the above...
"Don't Cry For Me Argentina"

It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel...

....Don't cry for me Argentina
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance...
http://download.yacapa.com/download/15359.html

... and I pray that the FT police will not kill (=bann) me ..
Old Oct 24, 2004, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by markhunt99

Patron, OttoGraham, flamboyant1, sunseeker - is the lesson here that bannings/forced resignations are in store for those who happen to have some opinions on FT which don't fit in with the powers that be?

I was rather concered to see attorney28 receive a ban today. He was running for Talk Board and I certainly voted for him (and Dovster) after reading what I read today. I think as both being non USA resident members they have a lot to offer TB and FT, and a different point of view.

A lot of folks of this forum know attorney28, and the good news is that votes for him may still be made if anyone wishes to. More discussion on this matter here - you may be amazed at what you read:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366047
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366159
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Please remember that Attorney28 is still eligible for TalkBoard and you can still vote for him if you want.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 1:48 am

It's just so saddening to see many of the most reputable FTers get banned or resigning these days. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes.
And - most of all - I really, really hope to see them all get back to FT as soon as possible. Your presence is surely missed!!
Old Oct 25, 2004, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I’ve been off boards for a few days and.... wow, look at this friggen’ mess...

Same here!

I've been basically gone for a month, and in the meantime Omni's gone and now this... One of the pillars of the LH forum (and FT) is *puff* - gone. This happened to a great member of the NW forum too, and how sadly we miss him over there...

Now who's going to answer all my stupid questions about *A and LH???
Old Oct 25, 2004, 2:55 am

Whilst it is sad to see that resourcefull people for the board leave or are "helped" to leave, it would be interesting to see how many of those are put in that position for posting on flyer / mileage issues versus on how to run this board or any other non flying related issues.

It seems to me that some people put a to high importance on the board - beyond the exchange of knowledge around flights and miles.

Maybe returning focus to what FT was meant for would simplify it for a lot of people....

Cheers

Thomas
Old Oct 25, 2004, 11:34 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I'm with you, tcswede.

Folks, please for a last time: This board is about LH Miles and More - and not about discussing other members, moderators or Randys decissions.

We have a board 'Only Randy Petersen' or short ORP. If you absolutely want to participate in such discussion - do it there!

Please show respect to this thread about Patron leaving and this board about Lufthansa. This will be my last calling.

Last edited by ralfkrippner; Oct 25, 2004 at 11:38 am
Old Oct 25, 2004, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
We have a board 'Only Randy Petersen' or short ORP. If you absolutely want to participate in such discussion - do it there!
I am not discussing any other part of Ralf's post but want to point out a technical point of which he is obviously not aware.

No posts have been allowed on ORP since Oct 21, hence this matter -- or any other -- can not be discussed there.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 11:42 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
... We have a board 'Only Randy Petersen' or short ORP. If you absolutely want to participate in such discussion - do it there!
sorry, but (for some time already) we just can't post there ...

But nevertheless, I agree with Ralph and tcswede.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.