Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Misposted Threads
Reload this Page >

Patron has been banned/resigned from FlyerTalk (Off-topic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Patron has been banned/resigned from FlyerTalk (Off-topic)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by attorney28
Not Randy, though, that was done by someone else.
Who? The same ones who caused Patron to resign?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:44 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by markhunt99
Who? The same ones who caused Patron to resign?
I don't know, and if I did, I could not tell, because that might be reason enough to get banned.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by attorney28
I don't know, and if I did, I could not tell, because that might be reason enough to get banned.
If you don't know, then how do you know Randy didn't do it?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:49 am

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Sad as it is, I think we should not open up another branch of a seemingly quite heated discussion about the subject matter. Also, by reading some posts over at Only Randy, there are some further posts of Randy with respect to this to be expected to appear soonish.

Just my 2 Liras

Jensens
Old Oct 20, 2004, 9:03 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Please, please, please do not turn this thread about our sad feelings regarding Patron into a discussion about Moderators, Randy and so on. We absolutely do not need that kind of discussion here!!!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 9:08 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Please, please, please do not turn this thread about our sad feelings regarding Patron into a discussion about Moderators, Randy and so on. We absolutely do not need that kind of discussion here!!!
Agreed.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First Patron, now Otto
Old Oct 20, 2004, 2:09 pm

deleted for double posting

Last edited by sunseeker; Oct 20, 2004 at 2:13 pm
Old Oct 20, 2004, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jensens
Also, by reading some posts over at Only Randy, there are some further posts of Randy with respect to this to be expected to appear soonish.Jensens
don't hold your breath for it, jensens, there is a moderator on the orp board running havoc, closing every thread related since it may be used to criticize his notion (for good reason, me thinks).
Old Oct 20, 2004, 3:02 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
I had posts and two whole threads deleted from ORP, one back in April or May when I was the first to enquire in detail about the reputation system and one lately after the OMNI closure. The Moderator in ORP has no "Fingerspitzengefuehl". My posts were friendly and to the benefit of FT. In fact I thanked other FTers and suggested to post with more respect for one another and that the FT experience is about getting valuable information and helping on a mutual basis.

Doc was banned although he did not break the TOS but rather posted too much information and/or posted against the will of a moderator who claimed he posted against the spirit of the TOS. Patron resigned and attorney28 wanted to quit...Three very smart FT members gone.

Since my posts seem to bother this Moderator (and very few of his peers) I will not bother him/them anymore. The last thread I posted to there was of course closed.

Game over. I quit from posting a lot to FT. Read only for me in the future.

Needless to say that I still like the folks who post in my favourite fora: Lufthansa, Star Alliance, United, Luxury Hotels, Singapore Airlines.

Thanks for all your help!

Ciao!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 6:34 pm

Well, FWIW, I tried to follow Patron's path, but was told that the new official policy is that one cannot unregister anymore!

Then I decided in the last second to become a candidate for TalkBoard instead (now that's flip-flopping...) and bring up some of the topics there which I believe not only I, but also Patron and many other posters had concerns with: Clarity, consistency, transparency - all things Patron's moderation provided, in my opinion.

I still hope Patron will come back one way or another, and I hope flamboyant1 will not leave (well, unregistering is not possible anyway...). Perhaps we can make our voices heard. I don't have a lot of illusions, but oh well...
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:46 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post emails to: [email protected]

I’ve been off boards for a few days and.... wow, look at this friggen’ mess...

My mind and heart both tell me that I should also resign, not only because good men are being forced to leave, but because the underlying "principles" that are being used to justify all this nonsense are plain rubbish.

However, I think that resigning would be an easy cop-out, and would be unworthy of the things that I stand for.

FT has never been perfect, and it certainly never will be. Alas, there is only so much double standards, unclear policy, uneven enforcement, touchy-feely should be wishy-washyness instead of common sense "to the pointed-ness" that folks can bear. At some point, all this breaks people’s backs, and they choose to leave. How much of this nonsense do the decision makers around here think we have to stand…?

The owner of the Circus has perfected the art of SeaGull Management. His Circus, and its complete lineup (performers, assistants, and normal members of the viewing public) is now having to bear the consequences of these actions (or inaction?). While its taboo around here to dare to point the blame at “El Supremo”, all I have to add is that the truth is still the truth even though it doesn’t please the Emperor.

I can be contacted at the following email address: [email protected]
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Folks can I please add a small piece of advice here.

sunseeker above has also received a FT ban for his/her comments on this matter as you can see.

In my experience Randy is a very tolerant and fair guy, and has certainly been very straight and very up front with me over the years, when I have posted things I should not have.

I have learnt a lot about what is acceptable on FT, (not nearly as much as I should have I am certain!) but one thing I have learnt is this.

This is NOT the Forum for venting as some of the posts above have done.

This thread is about patron leaving FT.

Who knows, if enough regulars of this forum express their concern at this leaving, in a polite and constructive way, patron may well re-consider his decision? We all sometimes do after "sleeping on it". All of us that have met him realise he is a very thoughtful guy.

There is a forum that any of us can, within the TOS, gets Randy's attention, and that forum is "Only Randy Petersen".

But doing it here is clearly off topic, and is not welcome - is my guess.

Patron added a lot to FT, and this forum as many of you have said. Please think about my advice - I am speaking from a LOT of experience here, and please try and keep this a flame free and non controversial thread.

I am sure patron would appreciate that.

For all we know, patron and Randy may have already touched base on this matter?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 11:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I too did profit a lot from Patron's informations and I also enjoyed his hospitality during a Vienna visit and his companionship on our two gourmet weekend trips to the Alsace region.

Unfortunately, since late 2004, the personal relationship (on and off this board) between us did cool down a lot - something I regret.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 12:57 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Folks, please... This is disgusting!

Despite my advise the discussion has continued to derail. Do we need to give Randy a signal that we need a new sheriff on the block ASAP or can we show that we are grown ups and keep to the rules ourselfes...?

I am absolutely with oz on his advise above, so please stop commenting on other users, moderators, Randy and stick to the topic, which is that we are all sad that Patron has left. Show some respect to that, please!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.