Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pill-Popping Pundit To Divorce

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2004, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JeffS
Ya gotta love threads like these. As of this post no one has yet to "testify" as to what, or anything, Limbaugh has ever said about marriage. But it sure doesn't stop 'em from pontificating on high.

This thread is another great example of the Omni cheap shot.
I fail to undesratnd why you are taking comments about Rush so personally. So Rush is full of obejctivity on hsi show and any one who claims the contrary is taking a cheap shot?

I maybe wrong but it seems to me that you are trying so hard to defend Rush that it almost seems as if anything said about him applied to you. MAybe I should modify one of my ten characteristics?
Old Jun 14, 2004, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Regardless of my personal thoughts about RL, I'm sorry to hear that he and his wife are splitting up. I've been through an divorce, and I know it's no fun. I hope they can come to an amicable agreement.

Given that Rush seems to be off the rails (from what little of his show I've caught lately), I'm going to reiterate my previously stated belief that he's highly stressed out right now. His legal, pharmaceutical and health troubles (which are already tremendous, no doubt) now have a new neighbor -- his divorce proceedings. I thought he was talking some weird smack on the air lately, and now I have a better idea why. I had a funny feeling that something might have been wrong at home.

Rush -- get a therapist.

No.

On second thought, get three or four; you can afford it. Get off the junk, get your legal troubles behind you and get your head back together (such as it was).
Old Jun 14, 2004, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Yaatri
I fail to undesratnd why you are taking comments about Rush so personally. So Rush is full of obejctivity on hsi show and any one who claims the contrary is taking a cheap shot?
First, you presume much. Second, how does others taking cheap shots make it or them better?

Originally Posted by Yaatri
I maybe wrong but it seems to me that you are trying so hard to defend Rush that it almost seems as if anything said about him applied to you. MAybe I should modify one of my ten characteristics?
Assuming of course that stereotyping has any validity whatsoever other than to make the the one doing the stereotyping feel smugly superior. But go ahead and flail away; it doesn't advance your argument.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Sometimes one can beat a dead horse.
How much "action" can a Bush daughter get in Spain?

"1, 2, 3 ... which boy do we please today?"
Old Jun 15, 2004, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Sometimes one can beat a dead horse.

It helps me with my anger problem
Old Jun 15, 2004, 9:32 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
How much "action" can a Bush daughter get in Spain?

"1, 2, 3 ... which boy do we please today?"
Do you have daughters? Sisters? Any female relatives? Why would write such nasty things about any woman?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Originally Posted by littleleaguemom
Do you have daughters? Sisters? Any female relatives? Why would write such nasty things about any woman?

If she is into it, is it still nasty
Old Jun 15, 2004, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Why would write such nasty things about any woman?
Does any person consider their own, independent, willful, "adult" actions nasty when they behave in such manner in the absence of any material compulsion or coercion (other than drugs and alcohol)?

I don't consider the independent, willful, adult actions of an individual to be "nasty" when there is no compulsion or coercion thrust upon any party -- as long as I am not compelled by circumstance to be witness.

Everyone -- including the Bush daughters -- makes their own beds (or maybe not). I guess they too have to sleep somewhere (including the beds of their own making) with some person (or persons) at some time (day or night).

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 15, 2004 at 10:00 pm
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by myefre
If she is into it, is it still nasty
What are the sexual libertine offspring of the "morality police" family into?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:25 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does any person consider their own, independent, willful, "adult" actions nasty when they behave in such manner in the absence of any material compulsion or coercion (other than drugs and alcohol)?

I don't consider the independent, willful, adult actions of an individual to be "nasty" when there is no compulsion or coercion thrust upon any party -- as long as I am not compelled by circumstance to be witness.

Everyone -- including the Bush daughters -- makes their own beds (or maybe not). I guess they too have to sleep somewhere (including the beds of their own making) with some person (or persons) at some time (day or night).
I truly don't know what you are talking about. Are there some secret news reports, known only to you, that these girls are unusually sexually active compared to other 22-year-olds? I've seen many, many tabloid pix of Chelsea Clinton in her bikini entwined with her young friend but nothing like this about the Bush daughters. And even if these girls are "sluts" (which I find a sexist and offensive term never applied to men), why have not responded to many other requests to post some evidence? Do you and your friends personally cavort with them?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:38 pm
Suspended

I truly don't know what you are talking about. Are there some secret news reports, known only to you, that these girls are unusually sexually active compared to other 22-year-olds? I've seen many, many tabloid pix of Chelsea Clinton in her bikini entwined with her young friend but nothing like this about the Bush daughters. And even if these girls are "sluts" (which I find a sexist and offensive term never applied to men), why have not responded to many other requests to post some evidence? Do you and your friends personally cavort with them?
Chelsea Clinton has been with steady (longer-term) boyfriends for most of her adult life and is far less frequently in a drunken stupor or one-night-standing it. The same cannot be said of the Bush daughters whose routine inebriation (and subsequent behaviors) the moral police would find lewd, unattractive and sexually unhealthy (measured by the need for STD testing). [I have no interest in cavorting with such women of "morally" questionable character -- regardless of how they look in a bikini on some beach or another. ]

Not all that is real in the world has a URL or makes the papers. Do you want a news story that shows evidence that George W Bush and William J Clinton used the same bathroom at the White House? I would not post a URL for such either.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:48 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chelsea Clinton has been with steady (longer-term) boyfriends for most of her adult life and is far less frequently in a drunken stupor or one-night-standing it. The same cannot be said of the Bush daughters whose routine inebriation (and subsequent behaviors) the moral police would find lewd, unattractive and sexually unhealthy (measured by the need for STD testing). [I have no interest in cavorting with such women of "morally" questionable character -- regardless of how they look in a bikini on some beach or another. ]

Not all that is real in the world has a URL or makes the papers. Do you want a news story that shows evidence that George W Bush and William J Clinton used the same bathroom at the White House? I would not post a URL for such either.
I rest my case. You can't substantiate any of your tasteless accusations against Barbara and Jenna Bush.

On a pleasanter note, did anyone note how lovely Chelsea Clinton looked at the White House this week? Tabloids say she is about to announce her engagement; what a beautiful bride she will be!
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold

You were already well on your way to thoroughly making an ... out of yourself, but this post certainly puts the crowning touches on that ignoble endeavor. In this post, you manage to set a new low -- even by your appallingly crass and unsavory standards -- by insinuating that the President's daughters are in need of STD testing. And to top it all off, when littleleaguemom gently points out your errant ways and far too politely asks you to cite evidence in support of your libelous and tasteless comments cloaked as fact, you punt?

What Abraham Lincoln once said couldn't have been more apt: "It's better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt." You, sir, have most certainly resolved all doubt. Well done.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cAAl
You were already well on your way to thoroughly making an ... out of yourself, but this post certainly puts the crowning touches on that ignoble endeavor. In this post, you manage to set a new low -- even by your appallingly crass and unsavory standards -- by insinuating that the President's daughters are in need of STD testing. And to top it all off, when littleleaguemom gently points out your errant ways and far too politely asks you to cite evidence in support of your libelous and tasteless comments cloaked as fact, you punt?

What Abraham Lincoln once said couldn't have been more apt: "It's better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt." You, sir, have most certainly resolved all doubt. Well done.
You know, this is about the fifth time this week that I have seen someone [from the right] espouse the notion that they somehow have a special right to violate the TOS and engage in personal attacks against another FTer. They seem to feel that they are above the rules and that their actions are justified because the subject of their attack dared to criticize one of their personal heroes, who it so happens are not covered by the FT TOS regardless of whether or not said criticism has any specific validity.

Back to the subject: Whether it is Rush or Bush or whomever, there will always by multitudes of people ready and willing to upbraid those who publicly rant about a higher moral standard for others while not first putting their own house in order. This transcends any political discussion.

Hoisting fallen members of the holier-than-thou club on their own petard is pretty much a spectator sport. The Germans even came up with a word for it.

Last edited by anrkitec; Jun 16, 2004 at 1:00 am
Old Jun 16, 2004, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by anrkitec
You know, this is about the fifth time this week that I have seen someone [from the right] espouse the notion that they somehow have a special right to violate the TOS and engage in personal attacks against another FTer.
And this is about the fifth time in this thread that GUWonder has called the President's daughters a slut. And you rush to his defense? Incredible.

Tell me, do the FlyerTalk terms of service permit libel? They must because GUWonder's reprehensible and indefensible statements have been allowed to fester for far too long.

They seem to feel that they are above the rules and that their actions are justified because the subject of their attack dared to criticize one of their personal heroes, who it so happens are not covered by the FT TOS regardless of whether or not said criticism has any specific validity.
I have no personal affinity for either Rush Limbaugh (who I earlier called a demagogue in this very thread) or the Bush twins. None of them are the stuff of heros; but neither are any of them deserving of such slurs.

But I guess such slurs are kosher in your book since the President's daughters made the eggregious mistake of not registering for FlyerTalk. I bet your kids (if you have any) and GUWonder's (ditto) aren't registered for FlyerTalk either. So can we question, with reckless abandon, their virtue as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.