Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pill-Popping Pundit To Divorce

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by littleleaguemom
Why do not post the source for your "web research."
I'm not sure if this was the OP's sorce, but the admission by Rushbo apparently did happen. From the New York Observer, June 14, 2002:

On the evening of Dec. 15, in the Upper East Side apartment of Democratic donor Sally Minard, Hillary Clinton rose to address a crowd of about 50 supporters. Mrs. Clinton began with an anecdote about a meeting earlier that evening with her longtime nemesis, Rush Limbaugh, according to people in attendance.

Mrs. Clinton recounted that she had been at a wedding in Brooklyn, where she was introduced to Mr. Limbaugh by the bride’s father, Jewish activist Malcolm Hoenlein. Mr. Limbaugh informed her that he owed her an apology. Where, she wondered, would he begin?

A laugh arose from the audience, which included media executive John Sykes, political power couple Sarah and Victor Kovner, fund-raiser Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel, and long-time friend-of-the-Clintons Susan Thomases. Mr. Limbaugh’s apology, it turned out, was for talking about Mrs. Clinton’s daughter, Chelsea, on his show. She accepted.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 11:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Why do not post the source for your "web research." Did it come from the same place where GU discovered that the Bush daughters are "sexual libertines"?
The immoderate, immodest and inebriated actions of the Bush daughters was not a discovery of mine.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 12:22 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The immoderate, immodest and inebriated actions of the Bush daughters was not a discovery of mine.
Everyone knows about their underage drinking but I note that you cannot provide any documentation that the young women are "sexual libertines" - whatever that is. Re drinking, perhaps you missed the tabloid photos of a drunken Chelsea being carried out of a London club? I don't say that in criticism of Chelsea, whom I admire, but to point out how scurrilous your comments about the Bush girls are.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Everyone knows about their underage drinking but I note that you cannot provide any documentation that the young women are "sexual libertines" - whatever that is. Re drinking, perhaps you missed the tabloid photos of a drunken Chelsea being carried out of a London club? I don't say that in criticism of Chelsea, whom I admire, but to point out how scurrilous your comments about the Bush girls are.
I can provide no one-click website link documentation showing that 500+300+100+48+49+3-199-302=499 without requiring additional work on someone's part, but it does not discredit the fact that the sum of said numbers is 499.

The Bush daughters make Monica Lewinsky look like a quasi-angel -- well, at least the Bush daughters are not nearly as ugly as M.L.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 14, 2004 at 12:41 pm
Old Jun 14, 2004, 12:40 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Why do not post the source for your "web research." Did it come from the same place where GU discovered that the Bush daughters are "sexual libertines"?
I did not find much when I searched for Limbaugh apologizing to Chelsea. I found a blog, and I quoted it asking whether it is true or not. I found nothing relevant when I searched Limbaugh's site for Chelsea.

When Limbaugh apologized for the incident is important. Personally he is said to have apologized after 10 years (in the article mentioned above). When he apologized on his TV/radio show is important.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Where do you get this information? I don't listen to Rush personally unless I am late for work () but those who I know tune don't share any of the above characteristics. They are mostly my male vendors, college-educated, usually graduate school as well and well-informed on economic and world issues. Also happen to be in their cars a lot between appointments so they tune in. Rush is simply another point-of-view. He was once VERY funny but now seems to mostly talk about boring golf, football, cats and such.
I assure you I did not find this on the internet. Sadly people confuse typing a few words to google and pick the sites you tend to agree with research.
I am not going to question your words about your reasons that you cited for listening to Rush. Nor do I question characterisation of your friends. I am sure your friends are more educated and an exception than a rule. Some people do listen to Rush to get laughs from his outrageous claims. If you remembr my claim about education, "No more than high school even if they went to college", it may help remove the confusion.

Rush could be funny yes, but neither he nor his supporters claim that he is a comedian. I suppose to some talking about boring golf, football and cats would not be as entertaining as the other stuff he is known to have talked about.

I am sorry if you took offense to my post about Rush. It was about him, not about you.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Which one of the Bush daughters would be more interested in sharing a drink or some pill-popping (and a little after-hour fun) with Rush?
Old Jun 14, 2004, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Yaatri
I assure you I did not find this on the internet. Sadly people confuse typing a few words to google and pick the sites you tend to agree with research.

As opposed to citing anecdotal evidence?
Old Jun 14, 2004, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Which one of the Bush daughters would be more interested in sharing a drink or some pill-popping (and a little after-hour fun) with Rush?
Sometimes one can beat a dead horse.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JeffS
Sometimes one can beat a dead horse.
May the horses "live long and prosper".
Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:22 pm
Suspended

As opposed to citing anecdotal evidence?
Who said it's evidence?
Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 2P... just 2P.
Ya gotta love threads like these. As of this post no one has yet to "testify" as to what, or anything, Limbaugh has ever said about marriage. But it sure doesn't stop 'em from pontificating on high.

This thread is another great example of the Omni cheap shot.
Now that we have seen the examples, do you withdraw your "cheap shot" comment? I note with interest you have not responded to the "evidence" which shows Limbaugh to be a hypocrite (at best).
Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:39 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PG
I did not find much when I searched for Limbaugh apologizing to Chelsea. I found a blog, and I quoted it asking whether it is true or not. I found nothing relevant when I searched Limbaugh's site for Chelsea.

When Limbaugh apologized for the incident is important. Personally he is said to have apologized after 10 years (in the article mentioned above). When he apologized on his TV/radio show is important.
We're talking about apples and oranges here. The TV incident appeared shortly after the 1993 inauguration and I heard Rush apologize on the air on the way to work (late ) at the time. You can email his show and get the clips if they still have them since you don't believe what I heard.

The gossip item cited here reports Mrs. Clinton telling friends that many years later she ended up at a social function also attended by Rush where he made a personal apology which is very different from telling twenty million people he should not have maligned a 12-year-old girl.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:53 pm
Suspended

We're talking about apples and oranges here. The TV incident appeared shortly after the 1993 inauguration and I heard Rush apologize on the air on the way to work (late ) at the time. You can email his show and get the clips if they still have them since you don't believe what I heard.

The gossip item cited here reports Mrs. Clinton telling friends that many years later she ended up at a social function also attended by Rush where he made a personal apology which is very different from telling twenty million people he should not have maligned a 12-year-old girl.
The Clinton daughter and the Bush daughters are adults and in so much as they are intrinsically involved in their parents' public lives as well as being adults, they are going to be scrutinized. Furthermore, just as said daughters benefit tremendously from their parent's positions and their public figure status (willing or unwilling) as adults they will also bear some cost too.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rufus102
Now that we have seen the examples, do you withdraw your "cheap shot" comment? I note with interest you have not responded to the "evidence" which shows Limbaugh to be a hypocrite (at best).
I considered this but I think the several of the subsequent posts support my original remarks. So maybe I'm just psychic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.