Search

Pill-Popping Pundit To Divorce

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2004, 9:20 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by RS
He obviously REALLY believes in marriage.
... while advocating denying it to others.

What a hypocrite!
Old Jun 13, 2004, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by transpac
A good quote from the Limbaugh Divorce-III sequel:

"No word on who'll get custody of the rhetoric."

Originally Posted by anonplz
I don't listen to him (don't listen to radio at all, actually), so can someone who DOES tell me if he has editorialized about marriage today? I'd be curious to hear what his thoughts about it are, especially in light of the gay marriage controversy. Thanks.
A little sampling here.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Look, the achievements or failings of a demagogue don't really impress me or concern me, but what's the point of this thread? Rush Limbaugh is a hypocrite? Shocking development.

As a Republican, I really don't care whether gays get married or not. And I care even less about what Rush Limbaugh thinks.

Good thread title, by the way. Well worth of the front page on the National Enquirer. But why the heck do you Limbaugh haters break a sweat? He's not our Messiah; George W. Bush is. Right?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Have the Bushists lost the moral high-ground on family values? Or are these just more examples of "family value" hypocrites?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Ya gotta love threads like these. As of this post no one has yet to "testify" as to what, or anything, Limbaugh has ever said about marriage. But it sure doesn't stop 'em from pontificating on high.

This thread is another great example of the Omni cheap shot.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Have the Bushists lost the moral high-ground on family values? Or are these just more examples of "family value" hypocrites?
Paranoia = seeing "Bushists" under every tree.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JeffS
Paranoia = seeing "Bushists" under every tree.
Bushists are a popular minority in America if the 2000 election meant anything. Thus, I have never been of the opinion of a Bushist behind every tree -- especially when they want to cut so many down, which may adversely impact hunters).
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Bushists are a popular minority in America if the 2000 election meant anything. Thus, I have never been of the opinion of a Bushist behind every tree -- especially when they want to cut so many down, which may adversely impact hunters).
And in comes the inevitable non-sequitur.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ya gotta love threads like these. As of this post no one has yet to "testify" as to what, or anything, Limbaugh has ever said about marriage. But it sure doesn't stop 'em from pontificating on high.

Rush on family values:

* I believe:that strong, wholesome family values are at the very core of a productive, prosperous, and peaceful society
* that those values cannot be instilled by government but can indeed be sucked dry and eliminated by well-intentioned but destructive governmental programs
* that there is one God and that this country was established with that fundamental belief
* that our morality emanates from our Divine Creator, whose laws are not subject to amendment, modification, or rescission by man
* that the meaning of the establishment clause of the First Amendment should not be stretched beyond its intended dimensions by precluding voluntary prayer in our public schools;that the USA was founded on the beliefs I have just enunciated and that it is the greatest nation in the history of the world
* and that the USA is the greatest nation not because Americans are inherently superior but because its government was founded on principles which seek to allow maximum individual achievement.

And, he's also on "the family values talk radio": http://www.knrs.com/line_up/

I wonder what his listeners will think of this?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 1:03 pm
Suspended

And in comes the inevitable non-sequitur.
Addressing your post in a meaningful way is considered a non-sequitur? Perhaps you need to re-evaluate what is and is a non-sequitur.

You were noting that I may be of the opinion or paranoid that there are tons of Bushists around (hiding behind trees). I was stating that there are not that many Bushists hiding because they are a minority (and a diminishing one at that) and that Bushists are in favor of cutting down trees; thus there are not that many Bushists to be worried about and/or that many trees for them to hide behind. As Bushists are fewer than tress, there cannot be a Bushist behind every tree (as you stated), and thus no need for paranoia.

Doesn't sound like a non-sequitur to any rational man.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 13, 2004 at 1:08 pm
Old Jun 13, 2004, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cAAl
Look, the achievements or failings of a demagogue don't really impress me or concern me, but what's the point of this thread? Rush Limbaugh is a hypocrite? Shocking development.

As a Republican, I really don't care whether gays get married or not. And I care even less about what Rush Limbaugh thinks.

Good thread title, by the way. Well worth of the front page on the National Enquirer. But why the heck do you Limbaugh haters break a sweat? He's not our Messiah; George W. Bush is. Right?
I bet about half the repuiblicans worship him. Among the southern rednnecks republicans it's more like 80%.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yaatri
I bet about half the repuiblicans worship him. Among the southern rednnecks republicans it's more like 80%.
He does well with the "militia" and white supremacist-leaning crowd elsewhere in the country too.

Amongst the Bush-can-do-no-wrong crowd, he probably gets more than 80% approval ratings.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Addressing your post in a meaningful way is considered a non-sequitur? Perhaps you need to re-evaluate what is and is a non-sequitur.

You were noting that I may be of the opinion or paranoid that there are tons of Bushists around (hiding behind trees). I was stating that there are not that many Bushists hiding because they are a minority (and a diminishing one at that) and that Bushists are in favor of cutting down trees; thus there are not that many Bushists to be worried about and/or that many trees for them to hide behind. As Bushists are fewer than tress, there cannot be a Bushist behind every tree (as you stated), and thus no need for paranoia.

Doesn't sound like a non-sequitur to any rational man.
What a convoluted rationalization, replete with generalizations and mischaracterizations. But thanks for clearing it all up for me.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 1:19 pm
Suspended

I am trying to understand what you have just said .
Old Jun 13, 2004, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I've never heard a second of his show... but,you got me thinking. I don't even know what station he's on nor what time.

I think he's on in the NY market, 12-3.... who in the world can listen? Not many people can spend 3 hours listening to a talk show while they're at work. I know I can't.

What are the demographics of his audience?
Characteristics of his listeners and supporters.

1. Can't think for themselves.
2. They have to have his talking points/sermons on a daily basis.
4. They do not read nor do they watch anything but Fox News since the media has liberal bias.
5. No more than high school in education, even if they went to college.
6. The monment you raise a quesion about Bush, Reagan or GOP, they immediately go into convulsions which makes them call you anti-American.
7. Main issues, prayer in schools, anyti abortion, anti-gay.
8. Foreign Policy---Blow them up. We are the Baaaaaadest and the meanest.
9. Have an aversion to truth.
10. Abilty to analyse isuues spans laying blame al the way back to Jimmy Carter if blaming Clintons doesn't work, that is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.