Noise Canceling Headsets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Noise Canceling Headsets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2004, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
I have to admit that I have both the Bose 2 and Sony NC-11. I usually travel with the Bose and really appreciate the improvements made to the old version (including the better carrying case). My Sony works very well under a stocking hat shoveling snow or trying to catch a few winks. If I REALLY want to keep the noise out, I use my Radio Shack NASCAR headphones. They are by far the best at keeping out noise!
Old Feb 7, 2004, 4:38 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I don't believe any set of noise canceling headphones would work under those test conditions, except the ones that block all outside noise what so ever. If you want them to block out the crying baby, the people talking next to you, or that type of noise, you will be disappointed by any of them. Engine noise, air hum, then they will work.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
Is there such a thing as a headset that cancels out voices, crying babies, etc.? Generally the noise from the plane engine doesn't bother me--it's the annoying woman from the next row who talks way too loudly or the fussy toddler three rows back. I usually don't watch movies or listen to music. Is there anything that just cuts out the distractions so you can work quietly (or would that just be a pair of $2 ear plugs)?
Old Feb 7, 2004, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Lpas:
Generally the noise from the plane engine doesn't bother me--it's the annoying woman from the next row who talks way too loudly Is there anything that just cuts out the distractions so you can work quietly (or would that just be a pair of $2 ear plugs)? </font>
Sure, combine your earplugs with the effective use of this and you'll have a perfectly quiet airplane! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Feb 7, 2004, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
The Etymotic ER4 earphones block out outside noise to 25db. They don't get in the way when you sleep and have excellent sound reproduction. To my ear they far surpass any head phones out there, for comfort, sound reproduction and noise cancellation. You can get them on EBay for $220.

[This message has been edited by nor4 (edited Feb 07, 2004).]
Old Feb 7, 2004, 8:19 pm

I borrowed a co-worker's Bose headphones the other day and was amazed at the noise cancelling ability but thought that the bass sounded suprisingly muddy.

The AIWA units are available at Sony factory stores (Sony owns AIWA) but I'm told they're not comfortable at all.

Too bad the airlines can't provide an on-board noise cancelling system that works via the inflight entertainment system.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 9:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
IMHO the AIWA set is terrible. I tried it for a few days and took it back to the store.

I am currently using QC2 and it is certainly the best one out of the 4 models which I tried.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 1:12 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
The bose headsets are too bulky and they make your ears hot and sweaty. Not worth the bucks.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
As this topic (though interesting) is not a UA topic at all, I suggest we move it to omni.

Zach

[This message has been edited by zrs70 (edited Feb 08, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.