Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Misposted Threads
Reload this Page >

TSA shoved me, called me a "d**k head", and threatend to kill me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA shoved me, called me a "d**k head", and threatend to kill me!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2003, 4:20 pm

I think TSA are nothing but airport cops. I wouldn't do anything to provoke a cop - even if I was right. Sorry - thanks to 9/11 we are living in different times. I don't think you will have much luck with your suit.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 4:23 pm

Programs: Lifetime PC Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mauld:
So while many on this board will say get a lawyer, sue, contact the newspapers--I say, let it go.

</font>
I couldn't agree more!
Old Aug 18, 2003, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, Delta GLD, Hilton GLD
NationalCCW, you acted like a d**khead. What did you have to gain from eavesdropping on someone else's conversation. If it were me and some associates talking I would not appreciate your actions. If that is how you started out your behavior I doubt the rest of your story and think it was tilted toward your pre-determined attitude. Mind your own business and life will be a whole lot easier.

------------------
dallasflyer
Old Aug 18, 2003, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Let's Go:
I couldn't agree more!</font>
I agree too. Ethnicity aside, you look out of place when you're standing around spying/easedropping on the TSA's. Considering the heightened security, I would have let it go too.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 7:13 pm
Suspended

IMHO, the ACLU would be just about the only organization dumb enough to take on such a case.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 9:17 pm

Be grateful you aren't in Gitmo.

Folks are rotting in jails for a lot less than what you did.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Posted by dallasflyer:
NationalCCW, you acted like a d**khead. </font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Posted by JonNYC:
IMHO, the ACLU would be just about the only organization dumb enough to take on such a case</font>
... and everyone else...

...?

NationalCCW's story sounds made up, but if it isn't, what kind of reactionary twit would advocate such behavior on the part of TSA?

He/she WAS in a public area. If a bunch of agents want to discuss matters of national security http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rolleyes.gif, why don't they go into a room and talk about it away from where people can hear? ...????

Your suggestions that NationalCCW did something wrong, and that the TSA agents can be excused such egregious behavior are just mind-boggling.

They threatened to kill him? They "shoved him"? How can you possibly say that if this really happened it is excusable? PUBLIC AREA means just that. Or have you all been listening to Aschroft too much lately?

[This message has been edited by notsosmart (edited 08-18-2003).]
Old Aug 18, 2003, 9:48 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by notsosmart:
They threatened to kill him? They "shoved him"? How can you possibly say that if this really happened it is excusable? PUBLIC AREA means just that. Or have you all been listening to Aschroft too much lately? </font>
Needless to say, if believed for one second that a TSA agent threatened to kill him, I'd feel differently. I can't imagine anyone finds that to be credible-- the d1€khead part I find very credible.

BTW, it's Ashcroft http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rolleyes.gif
Old Aug 18, 2003, 10:25 pm

paper gal
dont go insult the airport police by saying the tsa is airport cops
they are from it
Old Aug 19, 2003, 12:17 am

I smell a lawsuit.

------------------
need legal help?

www.affordablelegaleagle.com
Old Aug 19, 2003, 2:04 am

I completely agree with JonNYC.

By the way, how would you feel if some bozo was intent on listening in on your conversation at an airport terminal? Of course, you have every right to listen in on the conversation (because it's a public space), but that doesn't mean that's the polite thing to do.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 2:54 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Somewhat related to this issue:

The TSA made a BIG stink about having private meeting/office space when all of "improved" checkpoints were rolled out...if they want to have private meetings, they should hold them there.

Old Aug 19, 2003, 8:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Why argue with airport security in these post-9/11 times? You're asking for trouble. Who cares if you're "in the right" here.. just let it go. It's not like your quality of life would be significantly reduced if you weren't listening in on their conversation.

Old Aug 19, 2003, 9:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:
Be grateful you aren't in Gitmo.

Folks are rotting in jails for a lot less than what you did.
</font>
I completely agree-the people in the WTC deserved what they got. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rolleyes.gif
(Please note extreme sarcasm to above post)

[This message has been edited by H53Epilot (edited 08-19-2003).]
Old Aug 19, 2003, 10:44 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by H53Epilot:
I completely agree-the people in the WTC deserved what they got. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rolleyes.gif</font>
Huh?

------------------
All those who fly Continental Airlines, raise your hands.
The rest of you, raise your standards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.