You can NOT beat Priceline.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You can NOT beat Priceline.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2003, 4:07 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I got the coupon too. Inspired by thesqueegekid's delight in his $30 stay at the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown I tried to beat him. I read up on his bid at BFT and saw that $30 was accepted, $29 was rejected, so I thought, hey maybe $30 is the Priceline rate there. So I used the $10 per night bonus money.. and you guessed it.. I got the hotel for $20 a night! hahaha!! I win! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

A little bit of a gamble since I had to bid for 3* and hope for the upgrade, but I'm a gambling kinda man...
Old Feb 25, 2003, 4:07 pm

Let's face it, most Priceline buyers aren't getting suites, just bottom of the barrel std rooms

I've used Pricline for hotel rooms at least 40 times over the past 3 years, and that hasn't been my experience at all.

In fact, I've usually gotten above-average rooms at the 3* and 4* levels.

On our SeaWorld trip last year, my family and I stayed in this beautiful historic hotel, the Fairmount in San Antonio (one of the nicest hotels in Texas) on a $40 priceline bid. The front desk guy was busy when I checked in. For making me wait all of 5 minutes, he said he'd put me in the nicest room they have. And it was - a suite with two bedrooms - both canopy beds - two baths, huge living room area. Sure, the valet parking is $18 a night but the place was so incredible that I happily paid the parking.

The DFW Marriott has also been a very nice priceline deal for me and others, and I've always gotten great rooms there for about $33 per bid.

In the 40-plus times I've used priceline, the one time I've gotten a sub-par room was in the Branson area (BTW, you're not missing much if you've never been)

Anyway, this resort hotel on Table Rock Lake (Chateau on the Lake) has designated the one block of rooms with no windows (rooms face the parking garage) as "priceline rooms." So you're always going to end up in those rooms on priceline bids to Chateau on the Lake.

However, it is by far the best place in Branson, I figured I saved at least $75 with my priceline bid, and the numerous amenities (hotel has its own movie theater, waterfalls in the lobby for the kids to look at, etc.) more than made up for the no-window room.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 4:39 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
as the thread is veering more and more to a general priceline discussion I am moving it - look for it in Online Booking and Bidding .......

squeakr
Moderator, Hilton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.