Al Gore not immune to "secondary screenings"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Al Gore not immune to "secondary screenings"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2002, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As Carty discovered, speaking out against our current moronic security madness is almost as acceptable in society today as speaking in support of drunk driving, wife-beating and child molesting.

It's just not very patriotic and certainly something you don't do in polite company. After Carty's ridicule in the press, expect that influential people will keep their mouths shut in a show of "patient patriotism" for the time being. After all, we're at war (but we can't publicly identify the enemy, 'cause that's politically incorrect). So even former VPs (Gore and Quayle) get the full treatment (even though neither resembles the typical al-Qaida devotee). Stupid Americans. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rolleyes.gif
Old Jun 16, 2002, 9:53 am

"even though neither resembles the typical al-Qaida devotee"

Just to pick some nits! John Walker Lindh and Jose Padilla, this is not a statement about guilt or innocence but on looks, don't resemble the typical al-Qaida devotee, other than by looking at their passports to see where they have been.
Old Jun 16, 2002, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
That is picking nits! Al Gore and Dan Quayle are about as far from being terrorists as anyone you might see on a commercial aircraft. Checking their bags is a complete waste of everybody's time and our money. I suppose it gives the security nitwits a thrill to push around the "big boys," who unfortunately have to pretend that this is democracy in action or some such nonsense.

Thank goodness a few brave souls like Don Carty are willing to speak the truth.

Bruce
Old Jun 16, 2002, 11:04 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Al Gore and Dan Quayle are about as far from being terrorists as anyone you might see on a commercial aircraft</font>
So what's your proposal? Create a list of people who, under no circumstances, are to be searched?

Old Jun 16, 2002, 11:08 am
RAD

Location: Denver, CO USA UA_Premier Exec, Hilton Gold,Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold
What???

Isn't it possible that Al Gore might still be a little upset that the specific recounts he requested would have still resulted in his loss of the election?

He could have turned to the Dark Side in retribution!

Or not.

RAD

------------------
"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all."
- Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Abigail Adams, 1787.
Old Jun 16, 2002, 11:26 am
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by oldpenny16:
Our liberty is being stolen while we lock the barn door after the horse has run away.</font>
wow... well said.

i was even prouder to be an AA flyer after Carty's comments. the press had their typical knee-jerk reaction. how else could they react? God knows they don't seek to elucidate truth.
Old Jun 16, 2002, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Yes!!!

1)Spiff

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LarryJ:
So what's your proposal? Create a list of people who, under no circumstances, are to be searched?

</font>

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Jun 16, 2002, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Indeed! Such an act might have even gotten him my non-partisan vote!

AA has won even more of my business thanks to Don Carty's courageous statements against "random security" insanity.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
What's really bizarre about this is how proud everyone seems to be about how Gore "cooperated" with security. If he were truly courageous, he would have told them to shove it. Checking a former Vice President of the United States as if he might be a terrorist is a complete waste of resources -- and of our tax money, which pays for those resources. This nonsense has got to stop!

Bruce
</font>

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Jun 16, 2002, 5:09 pm

Hurrah for Don Carty!

Let's see how the press reacts when there is censorship in the name of security.
Old Jun 16, 2002, 6:59 pm

Programs: Retired-CO Former Long-time Plat, Now a Kettle, Hilton Gold (Thanks AMEX)
I'm pretty fed up with the absolute moronic security procedures. I fly out of LGA every week. The last time I WASN'T chosen for the random check was the beginning of April. I've been chosen by the same screener the last four weeks!! I asked her if she's getting tired of picking me because I'm tired of it myself. She knows my underwear better than my wife. I've decided to cheat on my taxes enough to make up for the $2.50 per segment I'm paying for this stupidity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.