Wiki Posts
Search

Security Breach at LGA!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2002, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Security Breach at LGA!

Delta terminal at LGA has been evacuated, but this article doesn't say if it is the Shuttle or Main....

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/020322/n22324305_1.html
Old Mar 22, 2002, 9:18 am

based upon the description, that would have to be the main terminal, not the marine air terminal...
Old Mar 22, 2002, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Upon further research, it is the Delta main terminal, so this won't effect the shuttle.

However, it will effect Northwest's operation, because they use the Delta terminal. Which leads to another interesting observation.

According to www.weather.com, the current conditions at MSP are as follows:

Fair, 15F, unlimited visibility

At LGA the conditions are:

Mostly Couldy, 29F, unlimited visibility

Yet NWA.com shows the following status for flight 512:

Departure Arrival
Airport Sched Actual Date Gate Equip Airport Sched Est Actual Date Gate Weather
MSP 1034 1115 -E 22MAR D4 DC9-30 LGA 1411 1434 E 22MAR 8 LGA
DELAYED DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS

Anyone wonder what kind of snow NW is shovelling in MSP?
Old Mar 22, 2002, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
If this turns out to be another unplugged scanner...I firmly believe that the not-so-brights are doing it on purpose... It has to be sabatoge..even the dumbest not-so-bright is not that stupid!

And no I dont believe in conspiracy theories.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 10:13 am
Original Poster

I agree.... It's almost at the point that I want to ask "you SURE this things plugged in?" before I walk through....
Old Mar 22, 2002, 11:00 am

Terminal at La Guardia Airport evacuated
March 22, 2002 Posted: 12:20 PM EST (1720 GMT)
From Shannon Troetel
CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A terminal at New York's La Guardia Airport was evacuated shortly after 10 a.m. EST Friday, according to a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

Passengers from Delta's Terminal D were evacuated "due to a security breach," the spokeswoman said. The spokeswoman did not have details on why the terminal was evacuated.

Peggy Estes, a spokeswoman for Delta Airlines, said a passenger on a stretcher was passed through security screeners, but the accompanying emergency medical technicians were not. The passenger was boarding a Northwest Airlines flight.

"We can confirm that all the passengers on the concourse are being rescreened," Northwest Airlines spokesman Kurt Ebenhoch said.

A TSA spokesman said passengers at the terminal are in the process of being rescreened through security.

Planes from that terminal were recalled and parked at terminal gates, he said. "No airborn traffic was affected" by the security breach, he said.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 1:11 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, Hilton, Marriott, and Northwest
MSNBC says that the terminal was evacuated because a stretcher patient was cleared to be taken on a plane but the two (EMTs?) carrying the stretcher were not. The article is poorly written since I am sure they were not carrying the stretcher. I also wonder if they were watching the patients vitals. Finally why would a stretcher patient go to regular boarding since I thought medical transport went on 'mercy' flights. Definitely a case of overreaction on gov sec dir. side, I would think.

------------------
Robert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.