One more old Washington "saw"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One more old Washington "saw"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2002, 10:19 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

I don't believe that the TalkBoard is on timeout. While not officially speaking for them, I have urged them to continue to move forward with the duties given to them by the members of FlyerTalk. Thier action today to follow up with the GLBT as well as moderators is proof to me that they are staying their course, and I'm fine with that. I think this issue has pretty much run its course and will close this thread. While I could certainly have closed it sooner, I'm not in the business of actually trying to censure the thoughts of members - and no, koko does not have a timeout coming. I am saddened that some upstanding member of this community has violated the basic rules of all members and distributed these out-of-context comments. I have as much insult coming from this person who continues to smile at us all, than just the messages themselves. But it seems that there isn't much concern about that action. I find that strange. While there is a spotlight on this current Board, I'd like to remind all members that the purpose of the closed doors was introduced with good intentions and supported by former members of the Board: svpii, Punki, Rudi, and Dorian. It was opposed by former member Goldlust. There is no blame on this proposal and it is quite common for all groups like this to have such a policy. I'm sure you all must know that if your private email were subject to the same public scrutiny as this thread, most if not all of you would be similalrly embarassed. It is certainly my hope that anyone harmed and involved with this is making whatever ammends needed and that we all continue with what is important - the great community that FlyerTalk is. By whatever standards you judge your own lives, this is not a indictment of all members of TalkBoard, past, present and certainly the future.

I bid you all a good day and look forward to your next contributions on FlyerTalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.