Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
AA Exex Plat -> CO

I probably should have done this long ago, but now that the route eliminations have made it mandatory I went ahead and sent an e-mail to CO One Pass asking if they would be interested in having my business.

My only problem might be finding my actual Exec Plat card. I never use that darn thing since I have the number memorized. Maybe a baggage tag will suffice...@:-)

My next step will be to get my recently renewed Admirals Club membership canceled so I can switch that as well. Any advice there?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1M, 1K,AA 2M,HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Same result as a previous poster, with some travel coming up next year on NWA/KLM I thought status would be a good thing to have. I mailed in my statement from AA with my ExecPlat stats, and about a week later received an e-mail letting me know I'd been matched at the Platinum Elite level. Quite a shock, I was anticipating the mid-level at best....but it expires on 2/28/2009...not sure how I'll get 75K miles flown in the first 2 months of 2009...should be interesting, curious as to see what happens on 3/1/2009 when I only have around 25K miles flown by then.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NomadPerkins
Same result as a previous poster, with some travel coming up next year on NWA/KLM I thought status would be a good thing to have. I mailed in my statement from AA with my ExecPlat stats, and about a week later received an e-mail letting me know I'd been matched at the Platinum Elite level. Quite a shock, I was anticipating the mid-level at best....but it expires on 2/28/2009...not sure how I'll get 75K miles flown in the first 2 months of 2009...should be interesting, curious as to see what happens on 3/1/2009 when I only have around 25K miles flown by then.
No worries !

CO will send you a new card in January/February !
Old Aug 31, 2008, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AAPlatypus
I probably should have done this long ago, but now that the route eliminations have made it mandatory I went ahead and sent an e-mail to CO One Pass asking if they would be interested in having my business.

My only problem might be finding my actual Exec Plat card. I never use that darn thing since I have the number memorized. Maybe a baggage tag will suffice...@:-)

My next step will be to get my recently renewed Admirals Club membership canceled so I can switch that as well. Any advice there?
No a bag tag will not suffice. Call the EXP desk to order a new card !
Old Aug 31, 2008, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Disagree, CO will match without a copy of your elite card, a printed online statement will suffice.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Is US Matching AA Gold?

I've been a couple posts asking about US matching other status(es), but few definitive responses. What do they do do, and how is it requested?

Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have a question on status match from NW (or fill your favorite or un-favorite FF here) to United. I have a good chance that I will reach gold status on NW. I want to status match to United. However, I'm already a Premier Elite on United MP. Will United status match my NW status to United MP Premium Exec. I have plans to go to Thailand late next year and have about 80k FF miles on United so getting my status bumped up on United for next year will be huge because going from *A silver to *A gold is huge. Based on my experience as a *A silver, they treat you almost exactly the same on international flights as a person with no status at all. Going to *A gold will give me access to the lounges as well as priority seating/boarding. I'm planning on using the miles to go to Thailand next year.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriot Plat Elite, AA EXP, Nat Exec Elite
Originally Posted by NJTraveler
I've been a couple posts asking about US matching other status(es), but few definitive responses. What do they do do, and how is it requested?

Thanks.
I called US and asked if they match AA Plat and got a no.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:14 am

Platinum Elite level is awesome!

I think a few detours and extra trips are necessary for my 75,000!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
RE: NomadPerkins

Nomad,

I have in previous years enjoyed all 3 levels (Plat. down, until last year) w/NWA. It has been my experience (and you should call and verify) that you only go down 1 level. So even if you don't fly enough to qualify for ANY Elite level this year, next year you would be at the next level (Gold), etc. You should be able to "milk" the system for an additional 2 years w/out flying (per their terms) keeping some level of elite status. This may have changed? But as of year before last was the norm.

Boa Viagem!^
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), DL MM, Hyatt Glob (LT), Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold (LT)
Originally Posted by BOA VIAGEM
Nomad,

I have in previous years enjoyed all 3 levels (Plat. down, until last year) w/NWA. It has been my experience (and you should call and verify) that you only go down 1 level. So even if you don't fly enough to qualify for ANY Elite level this year, next year you would be at the next level (Gold), etc. You should be able to "milk" the system for an additional 2 years w/out flying (per their terms) keeping some level of elite status. This may have changed? But as of year before last was the norm.

Boa Viagem!^
A different experience here. NW PE for at least nine years (mostly paid J fares) 1999-2007. Flew 27,000 miles in 2007 (mostly paid J) and dropped (like a rock) to SE. This year a total of 1,000 EQM and expect to drop (appropriately) to GM. This is not a complaint, just another observation.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 2:32 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BOA VIAGEM
So even if you don't fly enough to qualify for ANY Elite level this year, next year you would be at the next level (Gold), etc. You should be able to "milk" the system for an additional 2 years w/out flying (per their terms) keeping some level of elite status. This may have changed? But as of year before last was the norm.
Not really. I dropped from NW GE to nothing a few years ago.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Here what my friend got today from NWA:

1. Gold on BMI to Platinum on NWA:
"fter reviewing the
information provided to us on your Diamond Club account, your Northwest
WorldPerks account has been upgraded to Platinum Elite status. This
one-time complimentary membership upgrade will remain valid through
February 28, 2009."

2. Good through 2009:
"Due to the timing of your 2008 complimentary Platinum Elite upgrade,
please be advised that your Platinum Elite membership will be continued
through the 2008 program year - March 1, 2009 through February 28, 2010.
You may expect your credentials for this program to be delivered prior
to March 1, 2009 to the address on file."
Old Oct 3, 2008, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
I got the same response from NW today. They matched me through 2009 due to my CO and UA status. Now seems a very good time to match with the changes in SkyTeam and *A.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 3:31 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by al613
Here what my friend got today from NWA:

1. Gold on BMI to Platinum on NWA:
"fter reviewing the
information provided to us on your Diamond Club account, your Northwest
WorldPerks account has been upgraded to Platinum Elite status. This
one-time complimentary membership upgrade will remain valid through
February 28, 2009."

2. Good through 2009:
"Due to the timing of your 2008 complimentary Platinum Elite upgrade,
please be advised that your Platinum Elite membership will be continued
through the 2008 program year - March 1, 2009 through February 28, 2010.
You may expect your credentials for this program to be delivered prior
to March 1, 2009 to the address on file."
How much activity was on the BD account, for them to comp to NW PE??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.