Need help "Searching"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help "Searching"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
Need help "Searching"

If this is inappropriate, please remove:

Is there a trick to using the search vehicles on this site? I have had little to no success. Case in point: I was in the NWA section of Airline Programs. I was looking to find out which coach fares can be ungraded using miles. No matter what I tried the best I would achieve was catching one word, such as "coach" or "miles" in the thread. I am sure there have to be many threads discussing upgrading with miles...........where are they and how do I find them?

Seriously, any help you can suggest for this and future searches would be appreciated. Can you use natural language, boolean logic, ..........Thanks !!!!!!!!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: DL, AA
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

There is a wealth of great info. here, but finding it isn't always the easiest thing to do. The Technical Issues forum has several threads on how to use it as well as rants on how it doesn't work. When searching on such commonly used words as "miles" and "upgrade", sometimes the easiest thing to do is check the forum's FAQ (see the announcement or stickies at the top of most forums).

NWA's forum announcement refers you to the wiki FAQ, where upgrading with miles is discussed, including which fares are upgradable.

The NWA forum announcement also has a link to FT's search primer.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
Great. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.