Reload this Page >

Priority Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by HCA
I remember most of the time I used my Priority Pass, I had been asked either for ID or Boarding Pass.
Sample airports: SFO, ORD, LHR, TPE, PVG, TXL..
I don't know why they'd ask for a boarding pass, as unlike the American Express Platinum/Centurion access benefit, Priority Pass lounge access does not require a same-day flight on the carrier operating the lounge. As long as you can get yourself to the club entrance, you can get in with a Priority Pass.
Old May 10, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by I_Hate_US_Airways
LAX is the UA hub I go through 50% of the time, and as we all know, the PP ain's accpeted there )-:
Yes, it is, at the CO President's Club. Terminal 6.
Old May 12, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by Steve M
I don't know why they'd ask for a boarding pass, as unlike the American Express Platinum/Centurion access benefit, Priority Pass lounge access does not require a same-day flight on the carrier operating the lounge. As long as you can get yourself to the club entrance, you can get in with a Priority Pass.
I use Priority Pass and get asked for a boarding pass most of the time. Once in a rare while, I only need to check in to a lounge with my Priority Pass card. I've never tried entering without a boarding pass. My very basic suspicion is that the airline clubs like the UA RCC, or CO PC ask as a standard procedure, as they are used to keeping track of gate info for their UA or CO members. In non-affiliated clubs, I have been asked for my boarding pass, and the attendant has given me notice that my flight is boarding soon. But I can't say for sure why I get asked for the boarding pass, and what would happen if I didn't have one.
Old May 12, 2009, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I used to have PP and used clubs several times without traveling. Of course, YMMV.
Old May 12, 2009, 10:36 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer, OneWorld, Qantas
boarding pass or Amex?

I have the highest level PP thru Plat Amex. I was asked for my boarding pass at one of the lounges at LHR (can't recall which one, T3, upstairs, pretty small, Iberia maybe?) recently and duly handed it over, but I thought afterwards that according to Amex, I needed only show my PP and Plat card. I wasn't asked to show the Amex at all.
Old May 13, 2009, 3:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I'm always asked for a BP in the UK.
Old May 13, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by uavking
I used to have PP and used clubs several times without traveling. Of course, YMMV.
I still do.
Originally Posted by Cumulo Nimbus
I have the highest level PP thru Plat Amex. I was asked for my boarding pass at one of the lounges at LHR (can't recall which one, T3, upstairs, pretty small, Iberia maybe?) recently and duly handed it over, but I thought afterwards that according to Amex, I needed only show my PP and Plat card. I wasn't asked to show the Amex at all.
Well my PP is just fine, had it checked the other day. Doc said everything looked good. Will be a while before I have to pee in that cup again. Glad flying hasn't taken my PP away.

I really am glad I was not there when you showed your PP, disgusting.
Old May 13, 2009, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Cumulo Nimbus
You generally only need to show the PPass card; the AmEx is irrelevant at that point. Or, in lounges in the USA (DL/CO/NW/AA) you can show the AmEx and a BP for access the same as showing the PPass card.
Old May 19, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by ZapperO
I get my PP with three visits per year for free through my Citi Amex Plat card. Every time I've used it in the last two years I've been asked for a boarding pass but never an ID.
Why would they care about boarding pass???
Old May 20, 2009, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by emma dog
Why would they care about boarding pass???
They don't need to, but many lounges are just so used to asking for it that they ask everyone. Even without one I'm sure access would be granted.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

ServisAir Lounge in Terminal 3 @ Heathrow

Lounge asked for my Border pass and visibly checked the name on the boarding pass with that of the card.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, OZ Diamond, FB Gold, CX MPC
in HKG they always ask for BP.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:04 pm

I've used priority pass around asia and every time i've been asked for my boarding pass, which they verify my name against.

Also it is often the case that lounge rules say you can only use the lounge for x hours, or x hours before your flight, so often they need to check when you flight is.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:30 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
RCC denver on 6/6
Priority pass swiped on card reader with imprint and signature; no boarding pass

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.