Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best non-flight airline awards /Sprint PCS partner

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2003, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Best non-flight airline awards /Sprint PCS partner

My husband and I are now locked in to an agreement with SprintPCS for two years. I saw that Sprint has some airline partners and wondered who had the best non-flight awards since we probably will not earn that much mileage. I am not interested in using miles for a discounted fare.

I see that Sprint works with United, US Airways, America West, Virgin Atlantic, Midwest Airlines and Alaska Airlines.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure about non-airline awards, but don't think you won't earn a lot of miles with Sprint PCS - in the 3.5 years, I've had them, via my cell phone & LD, I got over 40,000 miles on them just by paying my bills (I rarely go over my monthly plan's usage of 500 daytime & 1000 nights & weekends, so this was earned soley by switching LD & paying my cell bill) - Sprint would randomly give bonuses for no reason whatsoever.

I think you should earn them on United & you should travel - do a search for a 25,000 mile opportunity on United here on miles buzz or go here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~pgary/MilesFrame.html

and see if PGary has it listed on his site - then earn as many miles as you can on your phone & each you & your husband should get a FF account in your names & have your individual miles go into your individual accounts, get the UA MP Visa (mileage bonus with a 60.00 annual fee) & in no time at all, you'll have at least 1 free ticket each of you, which is better than a few magazine subscriptions that most airlines offer.

Old Aug 18, 2003, 2:07 pm

25K UA requires a monthly Sprint (Local and Long distance) commitment of $49.95/month.

Too much :-)
John
Old Aug 18, 2003, 8:50 pm

I plan to use my Sprint United bonus for some Hawaii inter-island travel :-)
Old Aug 19, 2003, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies. I am going to sign up for United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.