Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is this the end of Frequent Flyer Programs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this the end of Frequent Flyer Programs?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:50 pm

Use up my miles? Combine Star Alliance and AmEx?

Here's one for you - I have 140,000 Membership Reward AmEx miles (we have been saving them for the BIG trip) and we have about 140,000 USAirways miles......Can the Membership Reward be transferred to a Star Alliance ticket - such as Lufthansa and then use the USAirways in a Star Alliance ticket and possibly get two or three tickets from PHL to Greece? Anyone ever do this???? What are my chances to get 2 or 3 out of 4 family tickets on Lufthansa on the same plane next summer 2009?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:14 pm

Missynancy, you should peruse the US threads for answers to this. Theoretically, you should be able to get 2 tix for 100,000 miles on *A with US miles - but you probably will need to book near the 330 day window and there is no guarantee that US will show availability for LH, especially if you are looking for weekend travel. But if you can, be flexible - also look into departing from EWR or IAD if not too inconvenient. I don't know Amex MR very well to comment on.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Missynancy,

I have done this trip.

Yes it is possible.

tasnam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.