Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Points and Upromise

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2003, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

World Points and Upromise

I have a credit card (no fee) which awards miles through Worldpoints. I also have a Upromise account. If I register my Worldpoints card with Upromise can I get both the Upromise percentages and the Worldpoints? I have searched high and low for this answer but I can't find it anywhere. I thought maybe someone here might have experience with this. Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2003, 7:27 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I think you mean WorldPerks?

To answer your question, yes. If you register with Upromise you will still get the miles per dollar spent, and you will get your Upromise cash-back for specific products purchased. Beware: Upromise will automatically enroll you in idine too unless that card is already enrolled under a different account.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 7:55 am

I have a relative who wants me to sign up for Upromise for their child. It sounds like a good program, but I'm a bit hesitant until I learn more about it. Do any of you have any concerns about this program? Are there any hidden downsides to it? Or, is it a great program and I should just join already? Any thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 8:04 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hhonorman:
I have a relative who wants me to sign up for Upromise for their child. It sounds like a good program, but I'm a bit hesitant until I learn more about it. Do any of you have any concerns about this program? Are there any hidden downsides to it? Or, is it a great program and I should just join already? Any thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated. </font>
It is nice of you to think of helping your relative out. Do you have a cc registered w/Idine? The one downside I see, and it might not be for you, is that you can not register your cc w/both Idine and Upromise.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 4:07 pm

I posted this last Jan, but don't know how to make a link, so I'm copying it here again:

You can register a card with U-promise and use it with a different Idine program. When you edit your profile you'll see a box with the words 'Also registered for the Upromise dining program' at the bottom of the page. Just uncheck it if you don't want to participate in the Upromise dining program.
Old Jul 20, 2003, 12:28 am
Original Poster

This is the basics of the card I have through my union:

NEW NEA WorldPointsSM
Platinum Plus Credit Card
Cash, Travel and Merchandise Rewards
with NO Annual Fee
Cash, Travel and Merchandise Rewards
One point for every purchase dollar you spend
Rewards start as low as 2,500 points
Points redeemable for up to 5 years

It's a new card, so I'll see how it goes, but since there is no fee, it seems good.

As far as Upromise goes, I only recently joined that as well. I basically joined for my 3 year old niece since it looks like it could take quite a while to really appreciate any savings. You have the option to take the cash (with some degree of hassle in that you need to verify your identity with them), or you can invest it if you have enough to make the minimum investments. Once it is invested, it is in the hands of whatever investment firm you have chosen. If you are doing this for a relative, I don't see any problem for you since the benefits would create no loss for you.

[This message has been edited by Elly (edited 07-20-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.