Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Miles Award

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2003, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

AS Miles Award

I recently contacted Qantas for an award ticket using my AS miles. I was informed that the only way I could get an award ticket on an AKL - SYD route was if I was flying to AKL on an award ticket. On AS site there is no mention of this and it clearly states Australia/New Zealand 10,000 miles. The whole reason I joined the AS program was to use my miles towards this award. I was wondering if any veteran FTers could help me with this problem?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Old Jun 29, 2003, 9:52 pm

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cobra Commander:
I recently contacted Qantas for an award ticket using my AS miles. I was informed that the only way I could get an award ticket on an AKL - SYD route was if I was flying to AKL on an award ticket. On AS site there is no mention of this and it clearly states Australia/New Zealand 10,000 miles. The whole reason I joined the AS program was to use my miles towards this award. I was wondering if any veteran FTers could help me with this problem?</font>
Unfortunately what you've been told is exactly right. You will notice that there is a * and ** after these 2 awards and if you read below the award this is what it says:
* One inter-Australian city add-on in coach, per person.
** One inter-Australian city add-on in business class, per person.

I agree with you it is not very clear but this is and add-on award meaning that you can add it to the award for round trip from the US.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Jun 30, 2003, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Welcome to Flyertalk, Cobra Commander.

You'll find that the best place to pose questions about redemptions using Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan points is in the Alaska Airlines forum. Please follow the discussion there -- I'll move this thread momentarily.

Best,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.