Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Galileo Inventory Code Question

Old Jun 5, 03, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater

I have a question regarding the Galileo inventory codes pulled through the "German" connection sites like seatmap.com

I have a suspicion that CO/NW are holding alot of seats out of the lower fare buckets (and blocking alot of seats in coach) on the 21 and 14 day advance fares until those fares about to go out of their purchase windows. When I do an inventory search on Galileo, instead of seeing codes like "V0" and "K0", I see "KC" and "VC" for the flights I want to take. Other flights might show "0"s for certain fare classes, but only some show "C".

My question is first, has anyone encountered this before, and second, could the "C" code beside the fare bucket stand for "capacity" or something to indicate the bucket is not sold out, but is being held for revenue control. If I search for my flights 4-6 weeks out, they show as sold out at all the lower fares (unlikely, given the loads I usually see)...but when I run a fare search two weeks out, the lower fares appear. It's abit frustrating because I want to book well in advance, but I dont want to pay $300 for something I can pay $180 for two weeks later.
Old Jun 5, 03, 4:30 pm

Whilst I can't answer what CO/NW are doing, I can answer what those codes are you see.

The C indicates the fare class is Closed. You will also see A for Available, and R or L for Waitlist.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Latitudes.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.
Robert Louis Stevenson (1850–1894)

[This message has been edited by Latitudes (edited 06-05-2003).]
Old Jun 5, 03, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
Latitudes,
Do you know under what circumstances these codes would be used? For example, why would a class of service be "closed" as opposed to just having zero availability?
Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 03, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
If a class is showing "0", airlines will often continue to take waitlist requests. If the class has gone to "L", that signals that waitlisting is all that they are prepared to take. As I understand it, when a class goes to "C" they will accept nothing more in that class, not even waitlist requests.
Old Jun 5, 03, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I'm going to move this to TravelBuzz because it isn't about miles and points. Please continue the discussion there.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator

Search this Thread