Reload this Page >

Yahoo Travel Awards Tracker (new)

Old May 12, 03, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP

New on Yahoo, for those who use "My Yahoo":
Travel Awards Tracker lets you track your miles/points on up to five airlines.

It's no MileTracker, but it looks like it might be handy for tracking your most active airline accounts without starting another application ... if you use My Yahoo already. Over 25 airlines are "participating". No hotel or MyPoints type programs are listed.
Old May 12, 03, 8:52 pm

I've got it up on "my yahoo". Delta updated right away, the United website updated at least 5 days ago and has yet to register on yahoo. Northwest & Continental don't work at all; Southwest is not available. About useless in my book.

JP
Old May 12, 03, 9:10 pm

Well I like it, **** it. I now have AA and UA on my yahoo page. They are the two airline sites I visit most frequently when checking miles.

Sure there are other airlines I can't check using this facility, but I don't check them as often.

With this on my yahoo page it saves me two visits!

------------------
Latitudes.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.
Robert Louis Stevenson (1850–1894)
Old May 15, 03, 10:02 pm

Programs: CO PLAT, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, NW, AA, UA
if anyone has a bank of america account, you can track all of your miles on there as well.. except it actually works... a very good tool to track your miles, as well as finances (credit cards, etc)..

www.mybankofamerica.com
Old May 15, 03, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA (Gold)
kalman911: thanks for the tip on mybankofamerica.com; I am a BOA accountholder and currently use their online banking & bill pay services, but I had NO idea that *this* service/portal existed!
Old May 16, 03, 8:33 am

If any of you are First Union or Wachovia bank customers, they have a similar feature called OneStop. It allows you to keep track of all your FF programs, hotel programs, credit cards, MyPoints, utility bills, mortgage, ISP, Ebay, Amazon, etc,etc. I know there are some programs that do not subscribe (like America West) but the majority of the companies I use are available. It's FREE. Some allow you to store your userID and password and login with a one click. Check it out.
Old May 16, 03, 1:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swflaboy:
If any of you are First Union or Wachovia bank customers, they have a similar feature called OneStop. It allows you to keep track of all your FF programs, hotel programs, credit cards, MyPoints, utility bills, mortgage, ISP, Ebay, Amazon, etc,etc. I know there are some programs that do not subscribe (like America West) but the majority of the companies I use are available. It's FREE. Some allow you to store your userID and password and login with a one click. Check it out.</font>
I discovered this program the other day while checking out some info at the Wachovia site... Have you used it ? It sounds great. Are there other banks / brokerage firms that offer something similar ?
Old May 16, 03, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, LC Aur, Hyatt Dmd, Mar/SPG "Lifetime" Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd
Technically, it is actually not that tricky nowadays (as in I have seen people's software doing it and it did not seem like rocket science) to get a program going that tracks all your mileage accounts at once. You "just" need an account aggregation software that logs you in and "extracts" that information from certain pre-defined fields. Basically, one "trains a bot" and then that robot does it again and again for you without you having to go to the actual site. Only if the site that is being crawled by your robot changes their setup in a major way, the robot needs to be "re-trained". There is a company called Yodlee that does it for bank accounts, but for Mileage accounts it should normally be easier because there is often none or a lower encryption used.
Old May 16, 03, 2:35 pm

Location: USAir Chairman's Pref, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, etc...The Beach, NC USA
Yodlee does all the hotel, air, car, finances, mortgages, credit cards, etc...Can't remember why I quit using it..BoA sounds better only because my wife uses their bill pay feature.
Old May 16, 03, 2:53 pm

I'll second Kalman's post. The My Bank of America Site is awesome. If you already have an online account at various credit cards's, banks, airline freq. flier, etc, the site is quite easy to use. Now I don't have to visit 15 different sites each day to check up on my banking, posting of miles, credit card charges, etc. I highly recommend the site for current BofA account holders.
Old May 16, 03, 5:26 pm

I have found "www.myciti.com" to be most useful thus far. You do not need to have a Citibank account and you can trach FF accounts, emails, bank accounts , insurance accounts and even have your own custom accounts..go to the "aggregated accounts" section
good luck

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mehdron:
New on Yahoo, for those who use "My Yahoo":
Travel Awards Tracker lets you track your miles/points on up to five airlines.

It's no MileTracker, but it looks like it might be handy for tracking your most active airline accounts without starting another application ... if you use My Yahoo already. Over 25 airlines are "participating". No hotel or MyPoints type programs are listed.
</font>
Old May 17, 03, 5:00 am

I believe the First Union/Wachovia "OneStop" is powered by Yodlee. You can log in once a day (or more often) and check all your FF balances, hotel, bank accounts (First Union and others) , mortgage, credit cards, utility bills, bill payment services, insurance, Investments (including 410k), loans, Chat (lycos, excite, msn), ISP mail, news, shopping, travel reservations, mobile downloads, calendars...etc,etc,etc.

I have been using it for a couple of years. They have gotten the bugs out of all the services I use HOWEVER, there area lot of them that I do not use. Works great for me.

They also have a bill payment service (separate) that is great. The only companies that I generally use that do not subscribe are my mortgage company, Comcast cable and America West airlines. You can create custom accounts for these companies so a window will open with one click and then you can log in. One other annoying feature is that some of the subscribing companies do not accept the login direct from OneStop. The "click" will get you there but you still have to login.

Just a disclaimer....I DO NOT work for Wachovia....but my partner does!

I am interested in hearing from some of you that have used OneStop and have found something better as long as it is NOT a Bank of America product. Don't even get me started on my horror stories with them.
Old May 18, 03, 12:25 am

Just to add to the posts I've made previously. Wachovia/First Union has a bill pay option also. I know we get this service free because we have a CAP (Capital Assets Management) account.

*From the Wachovia Website*

For Crown Banking, Crown Access, Crown Classic Checking, CAP-related accounts, and Wachovia Privileges customers, Online BillPay is a free feature.

Here is a link to OneStop. http://www.wachovia.com/misc/0,,43,00.html

The list of available companies is huge. I could not even begin to list them but categories include:
banks/banking, direct billers/bill payment services, credit cards, insurance, investments/investment accounts, loans, mortgage, chat/email/message boards, news, auctions, consumer guides, registries (wedding), e-Commerce reward programs, order summaries, specials & features, travel reward and mileage programs, travel reservations, calendars, career and downloads.

[This message has been edited by swflaboy (edited 05-17-2003).]
Old May 18, 03, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
Fidelity Investments also has an account aggregator called Full View. You have to be a customer to use it, but it's very useful. It is also Yodlee under the covers.
Old May 19, 03, 1:10 am

Any other users of these systems that would like to see America West joint up? I'm sure there are plenty of other airline that do not participate in these programs but most other major US airlines do. Shall we start an email campaign to HP? Any others? Wachovia was great at adding new accounts early on but it has slowed down a lot.

Search this Thread