Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus miles on partner airline?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2003, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Bonus miles on partner airline?

By now, I search for everything before I post, and this didn't come up. The question is about earning bonus miles on one airline when flying a different carrier's metal.

For example, if you fly NW, you can have CO miles credited (or US/UA, etc.). With NW, they offer online booking bonuses, e-ticket check-in bonuses, nwa.com check-in bonuses, and more.
If you list your CO OnePass #, will you get OnePass miles for all the bonuses, or will you only get actual flight credit, and give up the bonus miles?
Old Apr 9, 2003, 1:37 pm

The answer to this question is likely to be airline specific.

As a general rule, NW requires you to earn NW miles for a flight before it will credit you for the types of flight-related bonuses you mentioned.

See e.g. http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/000311.html

Old Apr 9, 2003, 2:22 pm

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dave_261:
By now, I search for everything before I post, and this didn't come up. The question is about earning bonus miles on one airline when flying a different carrier's metal.

For example, if you fly NW, you can have CO miles credited (or US/UA, etc.). With NW, they offer online booking bonuses, e-ticket check-in bonuses, nwa.com check-in bonuses, and more.
If you list your CO OnePass #, will you get OnePass miles for all the bonuses, or will you only get actual flight credit, and give up the bonus miles?
</font>
I flew NW last year and credited it to AS and got the MVP bonus mileage but no others.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Apr 10, 2003, 10:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
In my experience, I have never gotten an online booking bonus when using a partner's FF number, and I do so frequently because I'm always trying to earn miles that will transfer to HH points.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I fly mainly UA, and have all the points accrue on LH M&M. A lot of the bonuses do accrue. The maze of documentation as to which ones do and do not is truely amazing. If they leave it out in the casual discussion, it does not accrue.

"fly any LH flight to Europe from USA and earn double miles" Code share of UA on LH &LH on UA end up not counting. The list goes on and on.

Since the airlines really want to be jerks about this, call or better yet, email, each time for clarification.

CO seem to treat their VS codeshare like a CO flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.