Wiki Posts
Search

Scandinavian holiday in November

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 1998, 3:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Scandinavian holiday in November

I have a 5-day meeting in Stockholm in November. My wife and I plan to vacation for about a week afterward. We realize how cold it is likely to be, but does anyone have any suggestions on possible excursions at that time of year? We have considered going to the UK afterward instead, but if any chance of seeing fjords etc. still exists in November we'd prefer to see more of Scandinavia. Feel free to email me at my home address if this topic seems to specialized for The Buzz.
Old Aug 10, 1998, 5:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Stockholm will be fantastic befor cristmas this year. This year is very special there: Stockholm is for the whole 1998 officially the cultural main-city of Europe - and their are special museums, art, theatres, music, shows etc. etc. etc. the whole year round.

If you go to Skandinavia in November it will (normally) not be colder than in Seattle or Vancouver at that time (and you can expect the same amount of wind and rain - no snow yet). And the day "is only night" - about only 6 hours of real daylight - but don't bother - the Skandinavians know even better what to do with/in nights than at daytime...

enjoy and get more (detailed) informations on
www.stoinfo.se (that's the official Stockholm-Site) - I am jealous.

Any alcohol in Skandinavia cost's a fortune (even beer) - bring your friends all the duty-free-allowances of spirits you can - they will appreciate.
Old Aug 27, 1998, 4:37 am
Original Member

Location: London,UK. Ok, about 100 miles from London really, but how many Americans know where Market Harborough is?
Check out Scandinavian Seaways at www.scansea.com, they do some great bargain trips to the UK and the view for at least part of the journey can be fantastic.

If you are considering flying to the UK from Scandinavia SAS offer some interesting deals ie. free hotel accom at Radisson-SAS hotels if you fly Club etc. The deals change pretty frequently but it is worth checking out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.