Wiki Posts
Search

How Much To Tip The Floor Butler?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2002, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, Lifetime Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
How Much To Tip The Floor Butler?

Recently I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park in London. I was in a really nice suite, and the service was amazing the entire time. Like over the top amazing; I felt like royalty.

There was a floor butler/concierge who made most of the magic happen. I've stayed on premiere floors at many hotels and had floor concierges that mostly I never saw.

So what's the protocol for tipping the floor concierge? A tip upon arrival? Departure? After every exceptional task?

As a New Yorker, I'm used to sticking my hand in my pocket to tip often. Europeans often have the stigma of not being so generous.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 10:23 pm

I think 0.1 mile per dollar charged to your room. (Written in the spirit of the MilesBuzz forum.)
Old Dec 31, 2002, 5:15 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
There is an active thread in "TravelBuzz" about tipping airline and hotel staff:

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/009092.html

Another one is floating around about chambermaids (I can't locate it right now). As this has nothing to do with "Miles", I invite you to add this question to the existing thread(s).

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.