Suggestions for cellular/wireless???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for cellular/wireless???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2002, 7:47 pm
Original Member

After reading the excellent advice of the members of this forum, you might want to actually find the mileage deals for these vendors. I have most (perhaps all) of them on my web site below. You going there is obiously better than my copying them here. Click on Free Frequent Flyer Miles in the left menu, then on Phone & ISP Offers in the top menu.

------------------
The Personal Travel Experience of Gary Steiger - including how to get free frequent flyer miles on the web.

[This message has been edited by pgary (edited 11-24-2002).]
Old Nov 24, 2002, 8:32 pm

I actually need a cell phone for the twelve days that I will soon be spending in the UK. Anyone have any ideas for that? The phones I have in the US do not work overseas.

[This message has been edited by emaij (edited 11-25-2002).]
Old Nov 25, 2002, 10:29 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Are there any places that offer miles for prepaid cellular? Looking for a good international GSM phone. I need maybe 20 minutes a month, not thousands.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IncredibleDeals:
Does T-Mobil offer any miles or points?</font>
CO offers 8000 miles:

http://www.continental.com/onepass/e...537AAA5E05E98D

I've had them for a couple of months. Service is pretty good, cust. service seems less messed up than with AT&T and the international roaming is GREAT. Also, international calling is a lot cheaper than AT&T.

They have a shared-minute plan that gives you nationwide calling/roaming with 800 minutes/month to use between two phones. Calls from phone to phone and calls on weekends are free and do not count toward the 800 minutes. Extra phones can be included (up to 5 total) for $10 each/month.

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 11-25-2002).]
Old Nov 25, 2002, 5:48 pm

You get double miles for paying with Delta SkyMiles AMEX.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 5:52 pm

I have Nextel and I like the calling plans they have. I get free incoming calls which is really nice because I get a lot of incoming calls.

Look into what is best for you for your area. Look at all of them.

Nextel has a plan with UA so it's something to look into.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
What the previous post said is right on!

Look for the plan that meets *your* needs. All of the companies have lousy coverage in some areas and great coverage in others so there will always be people raving/complaining about them (just like we do with the airlines!)

Most all of them will also allow auto-billing to a credit card so that's also a good way to accrue points.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

thank you for the great advice! I use Nextel at work and like it for the radio feature...that is all I am allowed to use. I talk to people in DFW, Monroe, ALexandria, Shreveport, and Texarkana and it is all on the radio feature of Nextel...so I will consider them strongly.

and I was thinking of AT&T but it seems that Sprint is not a good way to go.

And based on the messages here...I need to consider T Mobile.

I want the best plan for me maximizing the mileage offers and that is why I came here...I knew you guys would come through!
Old Nov 26, 2002, 5:18 am

For 3 years we have had the Verizon NATIONAL plan, 150 anytime minutes with FREE nights & weekends for $35/mo, each extra phone is $20.
No roaming, dropped calls & every square inch of the USA including Alaska & Hawaii are covered. They also have AMERICAS COICE but that is 8o0% of USA.

Tell them Brenda Moran from Cleveland OH clued you in. ALSO you get a free phone at signup & every 2 years...........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.