Search

3,000 UA Miles for Inside Flyer Subs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2002, 10:51 am
Original Poster

3,000 UA Miles for Inside Flyer Subs

Just found this:

http://www.insideflyer.com/united

earn 3,000 ua miles per subscription, however there is a limit of 20,000 per year which is 6.67 subscriptions...

Old Aug 24, 2002, 2:07 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Thanks kawoh!
Old Aug 24, 2002, 3:53 pm

Location: PVD/NYC/BOS/DCA (currently exiled in the wilds of Northern Rhode Island and as far away from Quahog, RI as it is physically possible to be and still be considered in the same state... :eek: )
Programs: UA 1P; DL FO; MR Silver
Thanks kawoh!

From the wording in the above link, it appears that unless you pay using a United Mileage Plus Visa card, you will not get the 3,000 bonus miles. Alternatively, it also says that unless you pay using United Mileage Plus Visa card, you will not get the double DOUBLE miles!

Perhaps Randy (or someone from FT staff) could clarify this wording for us? And are we talking about 3,000 (double miles) versus 6,000 (double, double!) bonus miles per subscription?

Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by ShuttleBug (edited 08-24-2002).]
Old Aug 24, 2002, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I read it as 3000 miles for an InsideFlyer sub if you pay with your UA Visa. Otherwise, it's 1500 miles.

And, if you pay with your UA Visa and have registered for their double miles offer, you get double miles on the purchase price (120 miles instead of 60 miles).

------------------
"Would you convey my compliments to the purist who reads your proofs and tell him or her that I write in a sort of broken-down patois which is something like the way a Swiss waiter talks, and that when I split an
infinitive, d*** it, I split it so that it will stay split."
- Raymond Chandler, to the editor of the Atlantic Monthly, 1947

More Room Throughout Coach: the Website of Free Miles and Free Markets
Old Aug 24, 2002, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Oh -- one more thought.

This is roughly as good a deal as the Starwood one was for those who were not transferring Starwood points into Qantas.

Why?

Starwood points convert 1:1 into most airline programs, plus a bonus 5000 points for transferring 20,000. So as long as you are transferring blocks of 20,000 the rate is 1:1.25. This means that 2500 Starwood points = 3125 FF points.

(Of course Qantas and Air New Zealand transfer @ 1:2 plus bonus, so that's a whole different story.)

This deal is basically 3060 points (3000 points plus the 60 bonus points for the Visa double miles promo).

3060 is pretty darn close to 3125... and you don't even have to transfer in blocks of 20,000 to get it!

------------------
"Would you convey my compliments to the purist who reads your proofs and tell him or her that I write in a sort of broken-down patois which is something like the way a Swiss waiter talks, and that when I split an
infinitive, d*** it, I split it so that it will stay split."
- Raymond Chandler, to the editor of the Atlantic Monthly, 1947

More Room Throughout Coach: the Website of Free Miles and Free Markets
Old Aug 24, 2002, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
The way I read it is you get 3000 from Randy, and 120 (59.95 * 2) from First USA (if you use your MP Visa and you've signed up for the double miles promo). Don't forget there is a Starwood Amex, so for the Starwood promo you could have received 2560 Starpoints per sub (if you'd used your Starwood Amex)

The UA offer is a good deal, but unlike the Starwood promotion, the cheapskates at MP will only let you earn 20K miles from this promotion. Looking at the order form, 6 subs (for 18K miles) is the most you can buy (so why set the limit at 20K???).

Don't get me wrong, this is much better than buying miles directly from UA (and you get a great magazine to boot!), but it isn't in the same league as the Starwood promo.

[This message has been edited by skofarrell (edited 08-24-2002).]
Old Aug 25, 2002, 3:24 am

If what you are interested are only UA miles, why don't you try this instead...?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/013877.html
Old Aug 26, 2002, 12:25 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Ah, it looks like you've found our secret. True - we are working on a United offer but this offer is not live yet. The only reason it is up is so that United and First USA Visa can look at it and approve and while we had the development on our test site - their firewall did not allow them to preview. So, if you have ordered - those orders will be held in suspension until this becomes a final launch - but as yet it has not been fully approved from United. Sorry. Hope you understand and we'll let everyone know as soon as we know.

Again, sorry for the test site - there are no links or mention of it anywhere else in our system so only discovered by "testing."

Cheers,
Randy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.