Delta, Northwest and Continental to codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta, Northwest and Continental to codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2002, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by benjoey:
To level their frequent flyer programs, I'm afraid that the three airlines are going to increase the mileage requirements to the highest amount needed for a destination. For instance, it's 35K to go from North America to Rio on Continental. It's 50K for Delta.</font>
I sure hope not. In the past this has not been done. For example, when US-AA had the alliance, you could even pool miles between the programs. A flight from US-Carribbean was 30k on AA, 35k on US. If you booked it with AA miles only you still paid 30k instead of 35k. If you pooled miles, you had to pay the higher 35k. Of course, 5k is not a big deal compared to CO's 35k to South America against DL's 50k. I guess we have yet to hear what kind of program agreement this will be. So far, the AA-US is the only one I can recall that permitted mileage pooling, the rest of the just awarded the miles to whatever program you wanted and the award levels were not necessarily made to agree.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 11:16 am

Programs: UAL Global Services; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
The CO/NW/DL proposal is great. It gives us hubs in NY, ATL, CVG, IAH, DET, MSP, MEM, STL, and somewhat in SEA (using Alaska).

Soon there will only be three: us vs. them in the oneworld!!

Old Aug 25, 2002, 12:20 pm

STL?? Which one of CO/DL/NW has a hub in STL??? I think you meant SLC!
And you also left out CLE!

[This message has been edited by IM4Travel (edited 08-25-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.