Wiki Posts
Search

Perks for opening Scottrade account

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2002, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Perks for opening Scottrade account

Does anyone know of any bonus miles/points/etc earning opportunities for opening a Scottrade brokerage account? Has anyone had any experience with this broker? I'm thinking of switching since I am not an active trader and I'm tired of paying $15 per quarter just for my online broker to hold my stocks for me.

http://www.scottrade.com/
Old Aug 9, 2002, 4:24 pm

I know of no perks but I have used them for over 10 years. It is a good company and the all I pay is seven dollars a trade on line. To the best of my knowledge, there are no other fees.

If you have over one hundred thousand, try American Express, no trading fees at all

------------------
Old Aug 9, 2002, 5:01 pm

jnl1588 - that isn't true anymore, AmEx Brokerage now charges fees for trading even if you have over $100k in assets there (although, for those that were lucky to get in when they still had that, they were grandfathered and are still allow to trade a small amount of stock each month for free)
Old Aug 10, 2002, 3:03 am

Thanks for the update. I guess I should read the inserts they send. Just goes to show, I am a small time operator. Seriously, I am glad for the information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.