Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need some advice from the corporate flyers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

need some advice from the corporate flyers

What's the opinion these days regarding the best airline to fly from NYC to the midwest and texas on a consistant basis for business?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Could you be more specific on destinations that you will be flying to (ORD, DFW, IAD, etc.) And what NYC airport works best for you. And are you looking for frequency of flights, ability to upgrade, premium cabin experience, etc.

Many business travelers from the New Jersey area like CO as EWR is a hub and it is the only airline to still offer free ammendities in Coach. Others like Jet Blue (which flies from JFK to both AUS and ORD) but others loathe no F and a poor FF program (such as myself). Others AA as it is fairly generous with upgrades once you reach PLT level and above. AA has major hubs at ORD and DFW so that may work for desire for frequency of flights to those destinations.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 2:41 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Originally Posted by justhadtosay
What's the opinion these days regarding the best airline to fly from NYC to the midwest and texas on a consistant basis for business?
What you probably want to do is do some searches on kayak.com and such for your likely common trips. And then note which airlines offer convenient / frequent schedules for those trips. Figure out which airline (+ alliance partners) has the best route / schedule coverage at reasonable prices (to conform to likely business travel guidelines / policies) for your likely common trips.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
Also consider what types of planes you like to fly and whether you will be upgrading to 1st. For example, AA flys S80s from LGA to ORD. Some people like S80s for coach because you can sit on the 2 seat side and have a good amount of space and not have to get up as often for people to use the RR. On the other hand, I find 1st service on S80s to be average at best. Just a thought.

Jakatz
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Could you be more specific on destinations that you will be flying to (ORD, DFW, IAD, etc.) And what NYC airport works best for you. And are you looking for frequency of flights, ability to upgrade, premium cabin experience, etc.

Many business travelers from the New Jersey area like CO as EWR is a hub and it is the only airline to still offer free ammendities in Coach. Others like Jet Blue (which flies from JFK to both AUS and ORD) but others loathe no F and a poor FF program (such as myself). Others AA as it is fairly generous with upgrades once you reach PLT level and above. AA has major hubs at ORD and DFW so that may work for desire for frequency of flights to those destinations.
I'm looking to fly out of LGA/JFK (but could also do EWR if needed). I'll be living downtown but have family in Newark area. Mainly, I'm looking to fly to ORD and DFW from time to time. But I'll be visiting many other cities throughout the midwest from time to time. I'm looking for the best airline to get upgrades on as well as best service. Since my trips will be on the company's tab, money is no object, but I will be restricted to economy for trips under 3 hours from NYC. So, for the most part, I'm looking for the best program to upgrade with no charge to me or my company. Maybe this will help some of you answer my original question. Let me know anything else that might help you out.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by justhadtosay
I'm looking to fly out of LGA/JFK (but could also do EWR if needed). I'll be living downtown but have family in Newark area. Mainly, I'm looking to fly to ORD and DFW from time to time. But I'll be visiting many other cities throughout the midwest from time to time. I'm looking for the best airline to get upgrades on as well as best service. Since my trips will be on the company's tab, money is no object, but I will be restricted to economy for trips under 3 hours from NYC. So, for the most part, I'm looking for the best program to upgrade with no charge to me or my company. Maybe this will help some of you answer my original question. Let me know anything else that might help you out.
If you are living in Manhattan traveling a lot to ORD and DFW AA sounds like your best bet as both are hubs with many flights from LGA. Once you reach PLT (50,000 actual flown miles) upgrades are fairly easy. AA also has Eagle flights to several other midwestern cities such as DTW and CLE. Also with many flights from ORD to LGA/EWR (and a few Eagle flights to JFK) if you miss a connection you are likely able to pick up on the next flight.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

is united a no go from NYC?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:31 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
As this topic is not directly mileage related and the OP started an identical thread in TravelBuzz, I'm closing here.

Please visit:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665397

A reminder, cross-posting is frowned upon per FT rules and regs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.