Search

New Citibank offer - AA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New Citibank offer - AA

I guess this is a new offer:

"Open and fund a Citibank checking account with $1,500 by 03/30/2007.

Make a direct deposit into your account or pay two bills online at citibankonline.com. Earn 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles!

Continue to make direct deposits or pay 2 or more bills online every month for the next 12 consecutive months. Earn an additional 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles!"

Offer code CE3F

I have some money I could put in and I don't mind paying on line. According to the other thread, they take forever to get the miles in, but I ain't goin' anywhere soon, at least until after the parole board meets again.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 1:48 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Any link to an ad scan or the offer document?
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There's this:

This offer is not available at Citibank Financial Centers.

†This offer is only available to primary cardholders on the Citi / AAdvantage credit card account who become first-time Citibank checking account customers and is valid only once for any individual. Your Citibank checking account and Citi / AAdvantage credit card must be in good standing at the time the miles are posted to your account. All accounts are subject to approval. Customer must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. Taxes, if any, are the customer’s responsibility. Accordingly, we recommend that the customer consult their tax advisor. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible. Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice and is not transferable.

To receive this offer: (1) Open and fund a Citibank checking account online with a minimum deposit of $1,500 by 03/30/2007. (2) Within the first calendar month after the account is opened make a direct deposit or make two bill payments at citibankonline.com. (3) 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles will be credited to your American Airlines AAdvantage® program account within 120 days of your initial direct deposit or first two qualifying monthly bill payments. (4) If you qualified to earn the initial 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles, and you continue to make a direct deposit into your checking account or pay 2 or more bills each calendar month for the next 12 consecutive months at citibankonline.com, you will be eligible to earn an additional 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles. The additional 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles will be credited to your account within 120 days from the end of the statement period in which you met all of the above requirements.

Citi / AAdvantage credit cards are issued by Citibank (South Dakota), N.A.

American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program at any time without any notice, and to end the program upon six months notice. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage program details, visit aa.com/aadvantage.

American Airlines and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.

††Citibank EZ Checking package is free of monthly maintenance fees and per-check fees with 2 or more qualifying electronic bill payments from, or a direct deposit to, a Regular Checking account during the monthly statement period. Otherwise, when the $1,500 minimum balance requirement is not met, your package will be subject to a maintenance fee and a per-check fee. Qualifying electronic bill payments are individual or recurring bill payments that you make to a third party: by preauthorized transfer; using Citibank Online; or using CitiPhone Banking® bill payment service. Check payments do not qualify. Charges for other account-related services apply. Forbes.com's Best of The Web chose Citibank Online as its favorite online banking site in its Spring 2005 issue.

†††Get cash, get information and transfer balances between eligible linked Citibank accounts at ATMs. ATMs are not owned or operated by Citibank. Not all functions available at all ATMs. 7-ELEVEN is a registered trademark of 7-Eleven, Inc.

and the phone number is

1-800-374-9500, mention Offer Code CE3F

If I chase down the "Apply Now" button, I get this:

https://web-ao.da-us.citibank.com/cg...6DC03E2C7C78AA

might have to fill in the offer code box.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Sounds like a deal I will do. Read the fine print. $1500 balance must be maintained or charges will be levied. I received the email today too.

†This offer is only available to primary cardholders on the Citi / AAdvantage credit card account who become first-time Citibank checking account customers and is valid only once for any individual. Your Citibank checking account and Citi / AAdvantage credit card must be in good standing at the time the miles are posted to your account. All accounts are subject to approval. Customer must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. Taxes, if any, are the customer’s responsibility. Accordingly, we recommend that the customer consult their tax advisor. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible. Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice and is not transferable.

Phil

Last edited by philemer; Feb 20, 2007 at 4:27 pm
Old Feb 20, 2007, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

...or, take the 10K and run.

Once they post the initial bonus (which admittedly could take a while), the miles are yours, so you don't have to tie up a grand and a half.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Says initial deposit can be by credit card - anyone know if they charge this as a cash advance or a regular charge?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:15 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
personally, i think i'm going to treat this as an easy 10K and not worry about fulfilling the requirements for the backend. thoughts?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS/MVP, *Wood G
Originally Posted by Keith Flyer Maven
personally, i think i'm going to treat this as an easy 10K and not worry about fulfilling the requirements for the backend. thoughts?
Ditto!

Seems like a hassle to set up the bill pay (unless you don't already have it elsewhere, or want to outright switch) and then have that info in yet another place. The direct deposit may be easier if you can split paycheck to multiple destinations. Just my $0.02.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 3:07 pm

Can I send money from my paypal business account to this account, would that count as 'direct deposit'?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 3:47 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by estnet
Says initial deposit can be by credit card - anyone know if they charge this as a cash advance or a regular charge?
Bump. Anyone know the answer to this very important question?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:26 pm
In memoriam

Unlikely in the extreme that it is treated as a regular charge. Those days are gone.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:29 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Keith Flyer Maven
The requirements are pretty easy to fulfill for an extra 10K. I signed up for an earlier version of this offer and didn't realize how very easy it would be to make a couple of electronic bill pays every month. Now, I wish I had signed up for the earlier 20K version with the bill pay requirements.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
his offer is only available to primary cardholders on the Citi / AAdvantage credit card account who become first-time Citibank checking account customers
I tried this last year and it did not work for me since I had opened a Citi account previously (was not a "new" customer) and canceled the credit card before the promotion ended that I had synced into the account. Apparently if you cancel your credit card before you get credited the 10k miles then you forfeit the promotion -- and I did not want to pay the annual fee so I went ahead and canceled. Maybe I should have just paid the annual fee... Another alternative is to talk CS into getting you into a bronze card (with no annual fee) but I am not sure if that keeps the promotion valid either.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:20 am

Bad Bank !!!

Don't trust Citi Bank !!! They have the most confusing and unfair fine print of any company I have ever dealt with !!! They make the airlines look like angels !!!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by duke_of_hazard
Can I send money from my paypal business account to this account, would that count as 'direct deposit'?
Unclear. But you can almost certainly mail yourself checks through the online billpay system and that would count as two bills. Just use slightly different addresses for the two checks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.