Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Alternatives to US Air

Alternatives to US Air

Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
Alternatives to US Air

US Air recently cancelled their agreement with my company for corporate rates. What are best alternatives among AA, DL, ATA, NW, or UA for FF programs. I am moderatly sensitive to price, and very interested in best program that enable status matching, complimentary upgrades, partner travel options, etc.

I am based at MCO (Orlando), traveling most frequently to SDF (Louisville, KY) and to the PHL/DCA/ORF seaboard areas.

I am moving regretfully from US Air, but the scrutiny from the boss is too much to stick around.

I am currently US Platinum, DL FF, HH Diamond, Avis mucky muck...., etc

Thanks for your help in advance.

PS: I recently posted this into the USAir Forum, but would like a broader perspective. Thx....
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Is it possible to book some of those US Airways flights via their UA codeshares and achieve a reasonable price?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
If you have a lot of traffic in/out of a DL hub market (and MCO is enough of one) or your company is based in a DL hub, DL will most likely NOT give you a corporate agreement.

However, if you get an agreement with CO or NW, you can still take DL flights and earn miles on CO or NW. Try for a status match.

I have found US to be a high-price leader in many markets.... might want to shop the rates and see who offers lower rates in the markets you frequently fly to.

If you're non-status and can't get/maintain status with any one or more carriers, I've reached the conclusion that WN is seriously worth considering.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
On DL, you will be able to get direct flights from MCO to SDF, on an RJ. So, if time is important to you, you might want to consider this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.