Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mile Tracker - Moonlight Labs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2002, 2:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
Mile Tracker - Moonlight Labs

Moonlight Labs and Flyer Talk

As part of my consolidation into Hilton (Lifetime 370,000 +) and Continental (425,000 and growing) I have made the following transfers:

UAL to Hilton Honors 20,000, a second UAL transfer to Hilton Honors. Starwood to UAL, Mariott to Delta, Creation of Hilton Honors Mutual Fund, Transfer of wife's Delta points to Hilton Honors, Redeemed three round trips from my Delta account, building residual balance on Delta to 5,000 to transfer to Hilton, Accuing Safeway and Idine to round up my United account back to 5000 . . .

Consolidate Consolidate Consolidate

Needless to say keeping track of balances crossing between the programs would be a nightmare without a product like MileTracker.

What I like about Miletracker is that all of your password and account information is stored on your PC and not a Web server.

After receiving a personal e-mail regarding the changes required when Hilton added a last name prompt I visited the web site and noticed the support prompt.

I sent a donation equall to the anual fee for a server based product

Here is the response I received from Mr. Mike Hoeffner.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Thank you very much for your donation, David!

I've received a handful of smaller donations, but only one other as large as yours. While there have been lots of supportive comments on the forums at FlyerTalk, there's been very little financial support (through donations or affiliate links) for what I've built. My goal is just to build really cool and practical tools to make people's lives easier. I don't feel like I need to make money off of it, but I definitely don't want to lose money on it either. Fortunately I've had some interest from third parties that might eventually make this an easier task financially, but until that happens (if it ever does), donations like yours will help significantly in allowing me to continue making progress.

Thanks again!
Mike </font>
Obviously Mr. Hoeffner is far too humble to aggressively request support, however the challenge of maintaining an application that can access 34 different web sites (not including the links to the individual FT threads) and track you progress needs financial support. No matter how good of job Mr. Hoeffner does with his open source program, he must stay current with changes made to 34 websites causing continual updates.

Let’s show our support for his efforts and help the cause

In case you haven't visited the website lately since you can get the updates with a single click here's the link:

http://www.moonlightlabs.com/support.html

To go directly to the donation processed through Amazon:

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/pay...816433-7048053

------------------
"A Southwest line never gets longer, It only gets wider"

[This message has been edited by dcwcce (edited 04-21-2002).]
Old Apr 20, 2002, 11:04 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
TO: dcwcce

Thanks for doing this. I just sent Mike H a donation that I wouldn't have done without your handy dandy info. I use his website almost daily. It's very, very convenient to see everything at a glance for 4 family members and a growing list of programs for each of us. They don't call me T Q (travel queen) for nothing.

Once again, thanks for making it convenient!

Colleen
Old Apr 21, 2002, 6:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Gold, UCLA Alum ('96)
Just sent a donation in. Thanks for the great work, Mike!

------------------
- Sameer
"Didn't we just leave this party?"
www.liningup.net

[This message has been edited by Grasshopper (edited 04-21-2002).]
Old Apr 21, 2002, 11:51 am

I just checked out the Moonlight labs website and it knew my first name! Kind of spooky. I guess Amazon shares info with them.
Old Apr 21, 2002, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Used Excel for many years. Switched to MileTracker a couple of months ago after learning about it here. It rocks, will never go back. In addition to fixing the Hilton and AA problems, he has added account numbers to the screen display. It is the best.
Old Apr 21, 2002, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
It rocks!
Just sent him $$
Old Apr 21, 2002, 2:38 pm

Wow! I received several emails from Amazon the last 2 days concerning donations, and I just figured that they had goofed something up in their system. I ran across this thread this afternoon which explained it though, and it sure was a pleasant surprise. In the last two days, I have received 7 donations totalling $130 after having received only $13 through 3 donations in the entire previous 6 months.

I have a lot of other travel projects in my mind or in the works (including getting FareBrowser back up), and support like this at least allows me to not have to personally pay for web hosting (and it may even buy a pizza or a 6-pack for some late night coding sessions). Progress has been a little slow recently because I've started a new job that requires a commute halfway across Texas twice a week. I also find myself having to sneak coding in while my girlfriend's sleeping so that I don't have to defend myself for being on the computer so much...

Thanks again,
Mike Hoeffner

P.S. If you do make a donation, please don't do it anonymously (Amazon provides a choice) as I'd like to know who's helping out.

[This message has been edited by jimbob (edited 04-21-2002).]
Old Apr 21, 2002, 7:22 pm

I've been using Mile Tracker for several months, and it runs as well as (or better than) any software I've ever paid for. So my contribution is in.
Old Apr 21, 2002, 8:51 pm

Just sent my contribution. Keep up the good works.

AndrewM
Old Apr 21, 2002, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Thanks for the reminder -- just sent a donation.

I hope that maybe if enough people send donations, we can get together enough funds to help Mike bring back his other really great idea, FareBrowser?

Although of course that's a different story from MileTracker -- it takes a lot of database crunching power to run something like FareBrowser, and hence it would work best on a pretty expensive ($250+ per month?) dedicated-server website hosting account. Mike, have you thought of offering FareBrowser as a subscription service? I think there would be a substantial market for it.

Anyway, thanks and keep up the good work!
Old Apr 22, 2002, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
As the owner of a UK based ISP, with quite a bit of unused crunchpower, perhaps I could offer some of that crunchpower to the good of FT users ?

Oh and that would be on a complimentary basis.

e:[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Cris L (edited 04-22-2002).]
Old Apr 22, 2002, 1:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LemonThrower:
I just checked out the Moonlight labs website and it knew my first name! Kind of spooky. I guess Amazon shares info with them.</font>
Don't be spooked, the link you follwoed is an Amazon Link.

Great Idea to use a "legitimate" partner to handle credit card information.

------------------
"A Southwest line never gets longer, It only gets wider"
Follow this link to find out how to earn UAL Miles:
http://www.epoll.com/signupform-b.asp?ARP=1727
Old Apr 24, 2002, 7:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Sorry Wrong Thread

[This message has been edited by dcwcce (edited 04-24-2002).]
Old Apr 24, 2002, 8:44 am
Original Member

Mile Tracker is my new favorite program. I just send you some money.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 2:03 pm

Thanks Mike. Another donation is on the way.

Freeware doesn't have to be free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.