Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2002, 8:48 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Moderator-Free InsideFlyer Subs.

Surely these posts do not belong here
Old May 2, 2002, 9:14 am

I don't understand this negativity Without doubt, there will always be postings that don't match up 100% to the prescribed guidelines for each forum, but why the negativity? I thought the idea of FT was to share and help others, something which is being done by FT'ers offering free InsideFlyer Subs to others. Sometimes, putting them in Forums such as MilesBuzz means more FT'ers will get a chance to take advantage of the offer. If you don't like the posts....just skip them and please take the negativity elsewhere

Old May 2, 2002, 11:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ranles:
Surely these posts do not belong here</font>
Then where do these posts belong? I think that with the looming 4/30 deadline for subscribing, and the incredible nature of these subscripton gifts, it was very relevant to post these on Miles Buzz. I don't understand: Which other forum would be more appropriate? Certainly not a specific airline, nor SPAM.
Old May 2, 2002, 12:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I am opposed to moderators, but I think that another place for these might have been in the Connection Connection, where free things are often given away.
Old May 2, 2002, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I am one of the people who posted here and subsequently gave away 75 subscriptions. Believe it or not, I did put some thought into where to post. I subscribed right on the deadline of April 30 and had less than one day to accumulate 75 names and addresses. I considered Coupon Connection, but eventually chose MilesBuzz because of the higher traffic level and the extensive coverage of the promotion.

I felt pretty irritated when I read the post from ranles. This seemed like a nice thing to do for fellow FTers and I thought that others on the board would at the very least tolerate these posts. It seems kind of silly that we have to have a thread about it.

[This message has been edited by JNelson113 (edited 05-02-2002).]
Old May 2, 2002, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
this is as good a place as any for these subscription posts... as with all posts with Ranles, wahhh wahhh wahhh run to mommy, err I mean the moderator

[This message has been edited by TrojanHorse (edited 05-02-2002).]
Old May 2, 2002, 1:15 pm

How about you guys lighten up!

The posts in here are doing other FT'ers FAVORS! No harm is being done. If you dont like it, DONT READ IT!
Old May 2, 2002, 1:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I agree completely that it was a very nice thing to do and that the reason moderators are so overactive is due to the constant whining that went on about posts being in the wrong place.

We've lost more than a few good members because of people that have nothing to add, but simply complain about others' posts.
Old May 2, 2002, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
I made a subjective decision to allow these free offers to remain in "MilesBuzz". Yes, there are other potential homes for it, but I tied everything to Randy's subscription deal, which I would assume most people would consider quite "Buzzworthy".

Regards all,

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]
Old May 2, 2002, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Moderator, thanx for the prompt response to put this fire out...

thanks again
Old May 2, 2002, 3:10 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
I also think it is a worthy thing for all involved (I object to the placement not the post). This would then suggest anything worthy would go in milesbuzz.

I give stuff away in the Coupon Connection often. I have belonged to the board for a very long time. Proper placement of topics is a courtesy to others on this board. It is not meant to be mean.

You will find that many of these ARE posted in the Coupon Connection, where I believe they belong. Only the giver is getting miles in this transcation, so it is something to trade or gift, not information on how to generate or use miles. It is the volume of these posts that moved me to mention them, as I have otherwise given up. Too many people seem to think guidelines and rules are for others but not for them.

Lazy posters continue to use Milesbuzz as the dumping ground for posts. I am glad that some take the time to consider where to post, but when the decision is where most people will see it, then THAT is not the criterion for where to post.

For people that continue to "jump" on me for noticing the folly of this dumping ground, I refer you to the number of posts that have been moved from milesbuzz. It would seem the moderators agree with me, at least in concept.

Finally, someone out there know who they are, thank you again for the subscription.

As this particular posting subject was posted several times (buy different people) proper placement would facilitate the coordination of such a topic.
Old May 2, 2002, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">As this particular posting subject was posted several times (buy different people) proper placement would facilitate the coordination of such a topic. </font>
No arguments from me. It would be great if we could get anyone who is being charitable to resurrect the original posting and "bring it to the top".

Old May 2, 2002, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
Original text removed. by originator.

Golly Randy I am awfully sorry, that I offended you.

No sense in me staying where I am not wanted.

[This message has been edited by dcwcce (edited 05-09-2002).]
Old May 3, 2002, 9:53 am

Originally posted by Moderator2:

"No arguments from me. It would be great if we could get anyone who is being charitable to resurrect the original posting and "bring it to the top"

While I agree with that in principle, the problem with resurrecting originals posts is that once some FT'ers have read a post, they don't go back to it. For all those people who generously offered free subscriptions, and had only a day to fill up a list of 75 names, they ran the risk of not being able to fulfill their needs. At least with separate posts, people were able to distinguish the difference between the offers, and give each offer the attention it deserved.

Old May 4, 2002, 8:35 am

Where should I go to start a thread about whether or not THIS thread belongs here?

On second thought, don't answer that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.